Stretching theLeft side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayro1

New
I've been trying this and at times make excellent contact, but find I miss a lot to the toe of the club, any ideas where I might be going wrong?

Standing too far away from the ball. When you make a good swing, the left shoulder moves away from the ground and the ball because the body is turning. So allow for this at setup by standing an inch or two TOO CLOSE to the ball. Such "pullaway" is inevitable and is not a swing fault; the toe impacts are a failure in setup in failing to allow for it. The accommodation is subtle, common on tour, and differs in amount with each golfer, depending on several things.

Last edited:
Jayro1 said:
I've been trying this and at times make excellent contact, but find I miss a lot to the toe of the club, any ideas where I might be going wrong?

Not following your stretching your left side idea. Not sure why you are doing it. Follow the perfect pivot and your have plenty of everything.

Jayro1

New
rosser said:
Not following your stretching your left side idea. Not sure why you are doing it. Follow the perfect pivot and your have plenty of everything.

I believe the idea is to get your left shoulder as far from the ball as possible. There are a few posts about it on this forum.

Jayro1 said:
I believe the idea is to get your left shoulder as far from the ball as possible. There are a few posts about it on this forum.

Fundementals of a proper setup. Great posture, put limits on the left arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.