Struggling with "the release"? shallow the arc

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Brian's 6 ideas for lining up the club at impact #2 just made a huge difference for me. "The clubhead needs to be low to the ground well pre-impact". After struggling for a few days I started over with all the new information. My brain wants to take the club on the most direct path to the ball and have the leading edge dig in. What needs to happen is the clubhead needs to feel like its going to start scraping the bottom of the ground some 6 to 10" behind the ball witch is where the hands reach their low point. Then the hands come up and in. It feels like your approaching on a shallow arc. When I do it correct the right hand seems to be just resting on the club in my finish. When its wrong I can feel my right hand gripping the club. Good way to tell if your on the right track. Any other thoughts? Am I wrong? Just the way it feels to me.

hp12c

New
My feeling on shallowing the swing is this, an airplane coming in for a landing = shallow, a missile blowing up its target = steep, I used to do the missile and can still do, but getting better at landing that plane.

Yeah, I like the landing a plane thought. Thats exactly what it feels like. It's hard for me to accept that a wedge needs to come in on a shallow plane. It's just not something I would have ever thought of. It produces nice shallow straight divots like the guys are talking about when you do it right.

hp12c

New
Yeah, I like the landing a plane thought. Thats exactly what it feels like. It's hard for me to accept that a wedge needs to come in on a shallow plane. It's just not something I would have ever thought of. It produces nice shallow straight divots like the guys are talking about when you do it right.

I get you on the shallow feeling for a wedge shot, I usd to come in steep ala missile and sometimes get a good shot, but not as consistant as shallow and the distance is about the same and more consistant.

Status
Not open for further replies.