Subconscious Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once the shot selection is chosen and setup is complete and I'm feeling dynamically stable (per art), I've found myself having very little swing thoughts other than "line it up infront of me".
Anyone who has read my posts knows I go way overboard on swing thoughts, but I think I had to in order to make all the correcting moves work.

Im simply amazed at how much the downswing was broken up into pieces on this site and studied for where the torques are applied. Once you start swinging like that, it all happens so fast it's hard to believe I was working on each move individually not long ago.

I had no Idea how the hell someone could swing a golf club without thinking, but my subconscious is starting to take over now that I'm working on the correct things.

I would like to hear anyone elses story in this area.

Well, when I started playing golf I had a serious internet junk swing problem. I had millions of thoughts, changed swing a lot (often trying to swing like some pro). And I was quite horrible. Over time I've started making my own swing though and also understood that loads of swing thoughts are a bad idea. So now I have no swing thoughts except hitting the ball where I want to, or sometimes when I'm really working on something, one swing thought. More than that generally just means bad shots.

I guess swinging subconsciously becomes easier when you get better, which you do from working on the right things, also feeling confident that one is working one the right thing should help too I think. So I'd say there should definitely be a connection.

Dariusz J.

When the goal is e.g. to hammer a nail, should one think about how to do it ? No -- set the body and the hammer correctly and go. Subconscious mind takes care of the rest.
My swing is a setup-dependent one, then there is the trigger and the rest is the effect. No backswing, downswing, impact, etc -- just the effect.

Cheers

My story really would'nt say anything different than yours Jeremy. You pretty much sumed it up in a nut sack.

I'll add that I definitly don't miss the days of losing my swing every other week and taking two weeks to get it back Ranger Rickin it bucket after bucket after bucket, day after day after day.

CAN I GETTA AMEN?

Deacon, pass the plates.

ZAP

New
Most of the time I shy away from the range because once I hit about 5 balls I almost immediately start working on something. I am way better off just playing a bunch.

My story really would'nt say anything different than yours Jeremy. You pretty much sumed it up in a nut sack.

I'll add that I definitly don't miss the days of losing my swing every other week and taking two weeks to get it back Ranger Rickin it bucket after bucket after bucket, day after day after day.

CAN I GETTA AMEN?

Deacon, pass the plates.
Glad to hear that Shot Limit. I don't miss those range sessions either and I definitely don't miss setting up my camera behind me and videoing my swing then studying it like I knew what the hell I was looking at. Haven't looked at my swing in months and don't plan on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.