Super Ochoa is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm always excited when Ochoa plays, and I always wager with friends when she is in the mix. I hope team Ochoa cards a W this week because I make money, she inches ahead in the world rankings, she builds momentum going into the mastercard, and Mexican children get a new school! I hope she turns Annika into Mickelson:)

Ochoa shakes off rust, leads in Singapore

Singapore (Sports Network) - Teeing it up on the LPGA Tour for the first time since November, women's world No. 1 Lorena Ochoa fired a six-under 66 Thursday to take a one-stroke lead after the opening round of the inaugural HSBC Women's Champions.

Ochoa, who won eight times last year, has seen her lead atop the women's world rankings shrink as former No. 1 Annika Sorenstam has opened the season with a win and a second-place finish.

"I took a few more weeks to practice," said Ochoa of her off season. "I am 100-percent ready to go. I made maybe three or four mistakes, but I was able to make up and downs and make good putts. It's all about being confident, and I think that was important to me."

Right behind Ochoa is Paula Creamer, who won the Fields Open last week. Creamer was joined at minus-five by Ai Miyazato.

In-Kyung Kim, Jee Young Lee and Linda Wessberg are tied for fourth place at four-under 68 on the Garden Course at Tanah Merah Country Club.

Sorenstam is part of a group tied for 19th at one-under-par 71.

Ochoa got her round going with birdies on the first and third. After three straight pars, she converted a six-foot birdie effort on the seventh.

The Mexican turned in four-under as she two-putted for birdie on the par-five ninth. Ochoa made it two straight with a birdie on No. 10 that gave her a share of the lead.

Ochoa ran off five straight pars from the 11th. At the short par-four 16th, she got up and down for birdie from a bunker to take the lead at six-under. Ochoa parred the final two to end there.

"I'm really happy. It was a great day," Ochoa commented. "It was one of those days, that I was making especially good contact and I had a lot of birdie chances. It was a great start."

lia41985

3 telling images
Downplane shoulders:
Axis tilt:
Nice pivot:

FYI: For the time being, my avatar will be TI and my signature will be "Do u potna?" This is in response to self-mastery's tough talking about bombing 330 yard drives and having the ability to beat Tiger in a putting contest. "Do U Potna" is an underground single released by TI in response to some tough talking from Ludacris. For all of you out the loop, I'm talking about rap music.

Last edited:
I'm from Atlanta!!! TI is such a poser! Talk about challenging Tiger to a putting contest... I would challenge TI to a fight or better yet a contest to see who can score automatic weapons without getting caught by the ATF...DOH! I wonder how he likes house arrest? Who doesn't know how to score full autos in GA??? Gesh. This is like the gun capital of the world. Hunters, thugs, confederate role players, militia men... These rappers need to stick to rap videos because they can't even do crime:)

Following your theme:

You might see me posting on the forum (You don't know me)
You might see me typing trash (You don't know me)

This thread is useless without video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw8r2HfIVXM

Last edited:

lia41985

Aw man self-mastery, if I woulda known that, we coulda played some golf. I used to go to Emory. I still go back to ATL quite often. We should throw down at the simulators at PGA Tour Superstore. I could outdrive you in one of those simulators and own you on that huge putting green. Don't even get me started about that bunker in the back. And if you got disconcerted from the golf beat downs, we could always play some tennis on the full court they've got. I'd beat you in that too.

By the way, TI is the ish. Don't get it twisted potna.

Last edited:
Rap references on a golf forum! blasphemy!!!

I concede a tennis beatdown from you (my sister was the one that got tennis lessons)... I played football, basketball, and soccer.

I could have given you a drive, pitch, putt clinic, and man handled you at one of the above mentioned games... Then since this is Georgia I would have taken you hunting and Cheney'd you... oops my bad Dude I thought you were a quail.

LO CHO has an 8 shot lead after this morning. The conditions were a little rough, but she was able to get up n down and save par. All she has to do is hold off Creamer and Annika. I can't believe that Creamer isn't a bigger star than sorry doddy Wie.

Can you say, DOMINATION? A nice 11 stroke victory to start the year. She's an amazing golfer, and a really sweet person too!

Last edited:
Birdie just say no!!!

I love LO CHO!!!

She's my hero.

I'm so happy about her win. I woke up at 5am just to see the real time scoring on LPGA.com. Annika must feel like Phil at this point. The conditions were nasty with several rain delays, but Super Ochoa still managed to conjure 4 birdies, and was the only player to shoot in the 60's each day!!!

I can't wait for the Mastercard and Safeway, she has to be the fav in both.

Sickest most aggro player in LPGA history.

Last edited:

ddepula

Banned
Not a very good golf swing

She is just another example of a professional golfer with a golf swing that is not very good. She, like most touring pros, have a great knack for getting the ball in the hole. She is a player, no doubt. After all that is the object, isn't it?

The truth never dies, it is just misunderstood by those without "eyes to see and ears to hear".

I love your signature!

LOL! Her swing isn't very good??? That is a bigger joke than the science that is found in TGM (sorry:)

A good swing is one that balances power and accuracy. She does that perfectly. Who cares what it looks like? Impact Impact Impact. Love the way she whips her head through and recoils the club.

She is just another example of a professional golfer with a golf swing that is not very good. She, like most touring pros, have a great knack for getting the ball in the hole. She is a player, no doubt. After all that is the object, isn't it?

The truth never dies, it is just misunderstood by those without "eyes to see and ears to hear".

We like what we are trained to see.

What is a great swing?
Is it a simple swing with few moving parts?
Is it a swing that gives the ball maximum compression?
Is it a swing with a super smooth rhythm?

Nope.

It is a swing that lets the player hit the ball to his desired location time after time.

Afterall, what's the point of having a "great swing" that doesn't do the above?

tank

New
Well said

We like what we are trained to see.

What is a great swing?
Is it a simple swing with few moving parts?
Is it a swing that gives the ball maximum compression?
Is it a swing with a super smooth rhythm?

Nope.

It is a swing that lets the player hit the ball to his desired location time after time.

Afterall, what's the point of having a "great swing" that doesn't do the above?

This is a great response.

Status
Not open for further replies.