Super Streaky Ball Striking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like your path is well out to the right. Also, I think your footwork could use some touch up, particularly the left foot.

3JACK

Looks like your path is well out to the right. Also, I think your footwork could use some touch up, particularly the left foot.

3JACK

I know...in all of the swings it felt like my left heel was cemented to the ground, haha. obviously, that isn't the case.
I'm thinking it is a symptom though - maybe to make room at the bottom or something.

I'm thinking it is a symptom though - maybe to make room at the bottom or something.

Making room for the flip through impact.

Don't get me wrong - nice looking swing. But given your initial post and the swing- you can see how you could hit it great and at other times, be completely inconsistent with fat, thin, pop up tee shots, snap hooks, shanks, etc. etc.
Just a guess- your bad shots might not be that extreme.

Making room for the flip through impact.

Don't get me wrong - nice looking swing. But given your initial post and the swing- you can see how you could hit it great and at other times, be completely inconsistent with fat, thin, pop up tee shots, snap hooks, shanks, etc. etc.
Just a guess- your bad shots might not be that extreme.

It does look a little flippy. What do you think is the main reason for that? I don't think the clubface is too open.

Wrist is quite cupped at top for given grip at address... maybe less FLAW rotation \ lil twistaway needed?
Maybe (not sure) , I'd rather have the right hand grip a little more on top also.

I am hesitant to rotate the LAFW less, as I am already across the line at the top - and you can see half way back that my left arm stays below my right.
Interesting point about the right hand - I have struggled when trying to weaken it in the past.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
While less FLAW can contribute to an across the line, there are other things that cause it too like over active wrists. Figure out which one you are doing.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
saw the video now that i'm home, i think you move off the ball too much in the backswing which is also probably why you swing more out to the right as Mike O says.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
They beat me to it. Club gets shoved down too soon...prob feels open at the top and you hurry it to impact and stand up and it gets a little flippy. Overall, pretty good swing but i can see why it gets streaky.

I agree with much that was said. It does look like your trying to square the face with a flip as opposed to aiming the sweetspot at the ball and swinging left through impact.

I think the inconsistency may be from what I call a double wide. Wide back, wide down which is why you come up on your toes to create some room through impact. With the downswing width, think you need to be a bit narrower going, maybe a little more vertical plane would do it.

Wrist is quite cupped at top for given grip at address... maybe less FLAW rotation \ lil twistaway needed?
Maybe (not sure) , I'd rather have the right hand grip a little more on top also.

While less FLAW can contribute to an across the line, there are other things that cause it too like over active wrists. Figure out which one you are doing.

Good point Jim, I can see how overly "active" wrists can effect the shaft alignment. Any thoughts on why a player would want to over use the wrists in this way?

They beat me to it. Club gets shoved down too soon...prob feels open at the top and you hurry it to impact and stand up and it gets a little flippy. Overall, pretty good swing but i can see why it gets streaky.

Thanks Kevin, I will take that (bold) as a compliment, coming from you haha ;)
What do you mean by the club getting "shoved down too soon"? Are you talking about the sequence?

I need more S&T? :)

woods11.jpg

I think the inconsistency may be from what I call a double wide. Wide back, wide down which is why you come up on your toes to create some room through impact. With the downswing width, think you need to be a bit narrower going, maybe a little more vertical plane would do it.

Ah, "a double wide" means something much different down here. I'm sure mgranato is familiar.

So you can be wide/narrow, narrow/wide, but not narrow/narrow, or wide/wide...
Do you think altering the width of the hand path is more effective for fixing a swing like mine rather than altering another component, i.e. the clubface?

I agree with much that was said. It does look like your trying to square the face with a flip as opposed to aiming the sweetspot at the ball and swinging left through impact.

Thanks so much, everybody.
So, the consensus is that I need a little twistaway because I am or feel open at the top?

Ah, "a double wide" means something much different down here. I'm sure mgranato is familiar.

So you can be wide/narrow, narrow/wide, but not narrow/narrow, or wide/wide...
Do you think altering the width of the hand path is more effective for fixing a swing like mine rather than altering another component, i.e. the clubface?

is the inconsistency a club face problem or an angle of attack problem. (this/fats or slices/hooks) The width is a problem if the bottom of the arc is a problem. What ball flight issue do you have? The club face is not that open at the top...

is the inconsistency a club face problem or an angle of attack problem. (this/fats or slices/hooks) The width is a problem if the bottom of the arc is a problem. What ball flight issue do you have? The club face is not that open at the top...

Hmm, tough question. I would say that the clubface is the number one issue, as I can sometimes hit flip hooks, and the next hole a block fade. That being said, I also have trouble controlling low point sometimes, so it maybe a chicken/egg situation.

saw the video now that i'm home, i think you move off the ball too much in the backswing which is also probably why you swing more out to the right as Mike O says.

Good call, Jim. I tried to move off the ball less yesterday, and hit some pretty solid shots.

Still up on the toes of the left foot though.

Status
Not open for further replies.