Sway past ball in downswing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyt

New
Brian/Academy:

When I sent an email to you 2-3 weeks ago the last thing I expected was a phone call from you personally. I am working on getting a video to you for your expert analysis.

But for now can I ask a question? My practice swing as viewed by others is perfect, good pivot, nice flat wrist at the top of the backswing, then a nice part 2 pivot and a flat left wrist at impact to a complete finish.

Then I get over the ball and the pivot is good, top of back swing good, then the good stops and bad takes over. From the top of the backswing I keep my head behind the ball but my lower body seems to move towards the target by as much as 6-12 inches, then I finish my turn. Depending on the amount of move forward determines if the club face ever gets to the ball square. I miss blocks to the right or if swayed to much I flip at the bottom and get hooks.

Prior to video analysis are there any drills or feels that can help me when I get over the ball I obviously can do it when I shadow box. No matter how hard I try can't stop swaying to some degree when its for real.

Very frustrating!!!

Tom Bartlett

Administrator
If it is your knees going forward you can fix it with a belt. Take a belt and put it through the buckle. Slip it over your left leg just above the knee (if you are right handed, reverse for left). At address position, step on the other end of the belt with the right foot. The knees will not run away any more. Experiment with the slack in the belt to alter the amount your legs can go to the target.

Chris Sturgess

That drill sounds like fun. I don't have that problem myself like I used to but I might do that drill anyway just for the fun of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.