Sweet Spot Balance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guitar Hero

I am starting this thread to provide information about the sweet spot balance and answer your questions regarding it.

I have researched many swings using 3-D, Cad and high speed video to see what effects the sweet spot balance has on the golf swing.

I have discovered two ways that are use by every top tour pro. Chi Chi is one of the masters of sweet spot balanced movement, as he uses both ways with different shots. He always said he learned the golf swing from feel and it makes sense now.

First what is sweet spot balance?

Sweet spot balance motion in the golf swing is moving balanced weight in a circular path. There are different paths of movement based on the balance of the sweet spot as well.

One of the many benefits to swinging the sweet spot in balance is the range of motion of the joints in the body are maximized. When the sweet spot is moving out of balance the range of the joints are reduced.

This is just one of many benefits to swinging the sweet spot in balance in the golf swing.

Nicklaus is one way, Hogan is the other. The sweetspot is in balance when it is inline with the shaft....thus shorter the club the more closed. You can get it in "balance" one of two different ways...a slight counter-clockwise rotation of the shaft beneath the sweetspot until is is aligned, ala Nicklaus...the clubface will then appear as though it is aligned with the spine for the rest of the backswing...or a slight no-pop-out hands breaking inward toward one and other take-a-way ala Hogan...the clubface will then appear to be swung in balance with respect to the plane in the backswing. I'm making all of this up...but I know it works...

Last edited:
One last thought...the Hogan move you can do with a Medicus (looks like a fanning open but it isn't really)....the Nicklaus move you can't do without breaking the Medicus...

Guitar Hero

so please provide an example of how a person would try to do what you are proposing

hj

I have described what Sweet Spot Balanced Movement is in a previous post.

To learn Sweet Spot Balanced Movement you have to train the feel and visual aspects of it.

I cannot tell you in text what it feels like or looks like.

I have a booth #1688 in the teaching and training aids section of the 2009 PGA Show and I have asked Brian to be at the booth.

I will show him and any one from the forum who wants to stop by.

Status
Not open for further replies.