Swing Path

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SteveT

Just curious. Since any alignment of the face of the club is also the alignment of the back of the club, what does trackman track to determine path? In other words, given a 4 degree inside out path reading what is trackman saying is moving along that path?

I refer you to this TrackMan page that indicates what is measured and what is back-calculated:

TrackMan - Launch

Just curious. Since any alignment of the face of the club is also the alignment of the back of the club, what does trackman track to determine path? In other words, given a 4 degree inside out path reading what is trackman saying is moving along that path?

hmm, good question. i'm not sure if it's the "whole" clubhead, or the part of the club that makes contact with the ball.
i would guess it's the latter.

you keep sending people to the trackman "launch" information. you do understand that there are two versions, one for indoor usage and one for outdoor usage, yes?

mhhhh....and you understand that there is only one version, yes :D It's only the license that is not the same. The indoor can be used outdoor and visa-versa. If you use the indoor version outdoor it will check the flight length and if longer then 35 meters it will display an message explaining that it can not be used for that length.

mhhhh....and you understand that there is only one version, yes :D It's only the license that is not the same. The indoor can be used outdoor and visa-versa. If you use the indoor version outdoor it will check the flight length and if longer then 35 meters it will display an message explaining that it can not be used for that length.

I think Titleist does something similar with their drivers, and I must have bought the indoor version...

Either way, it shouldn't matter, considering that this thread is talking about club path and it's effects, should it? I mean, all of the info pertinent to the thread is measured as opposed to calculated, so you'd gain the same info benefit regardless, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.