Swing Tempo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to see whether or not people practice their tempo. Just respond stating whether you practice tempo or not, and if so what do you do.

I recently started taking my ipod out and listening to the tour tempo tones and have found that it really helps balance and even getting my club on a better plane comming down.

Intermittently, I will listen to the 20/10 Tour Tempo tones when putting/chipping/pitching and I find them very helpful. However, I don't use them with full swing, as I find that I get too quick at the transition.

S

SteveT

How does listening to something rhythmic translate into golfswing tempo?

No, seriously ... how does music or tempo tones affect your body?

Without music or any type of tune in my head I tend to overpower my golf swing and hit at the ball from the top. I believe that this is the main cause for my steep club shaft into impact. When I listen to musical tones I just begin transfering weight at the top of my swing and I delay any hitting action until my hands are about hip high. This rythem helps my clubshaft to be more on plane and I also get better balance because I am not trying to kill the ball.

S

SteveT

ffejeff224 says: "Without music or any type of tune in my head I tend to overpower my golf swing and hit at the ball from the top. ..."

Sooo ...... "Music hath charms to soothe a savage breast, to soften rocks, or bend a knotted oak." ... and to instill a swing tempo too ...!!!!:D

natep

New
When i listen to this song on the putting green I can make anything.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqrwbBVtW0o[/media]

Turn it off and I start 3-putting from 20 ft.

Status
Not open for further replies.