Swing video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. Been lurking around for a while and have found your discussions here very informative and am interested in learning as much as I can about what Brian has to say. (Sadly, I don’t live in the US so can’t watch the DVDs and I haven’t been able to work out streaming here yet.)

Figured I would kick things off by posting a swing video (of admittedly poor quality) and asking if anyone has any advice.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2z37T_4TeI[/media]

I think the flipping video would be spot on for me so have been trying to glean as much as I can on the subject from this forum. I generally hit it very high, do suffer the odd hook, but more often the big high right is the trouble shot for me. Striking is generally pretty good, very clean (divots are rare), when it is off-centre it is towards the toe if anything.

Without going in to my life story, I have always played a draw, backswing inside, clubface shut at the top and used to be across the line. My hands are still quite deep (with the horrid flying right elbow). I have been working on a more neutral position as I felt that I was going from shut at the top to open at impact with the odd flip thrown in for good measure. From a squarer position, I have been finding it easier to get on to my left side, but would like to know whether I am going about this the right way.

Thanks for your time if you have got this far. Any comments or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

That camera right down your aim line?

What kind of shot you trying to hit?

How strong is your grip?

Your right elbow looks fine to me. (for the swing you're making)

Have you worked with SD any?

Lots of good things going on with your swing I think.

Thanks for the comments.

The camera is not exactly on the aim line, but I am standing a little closed. Odd as I was trying to hit more of a fade. I have been trying to get the club laid off more at the top in an attempt to get down on the ball more and take a divot.

My grip is definitely not too strong - in fact, it has been creeping a bit too far round to the left recently.

I have not worked with SD, but I have nearly got streaming worked out, so will definitely be checking that and COFF out. Hopefully I'll be in a bit less of a muddle if I do...

Status
Not open for further replies.