Swinging right=toe shots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Birdie man was talking about this happening to him in another post and I used to do the same thing. I'm sure there's a simple answer for this but I can't figure it out. Any ideas? Is it maybe because to raise up to not hit it fat, thus further away from the ball?

I haven't tested it as much as I'd like.....

(there is 3 feet of snow here and your pee freezes before it hits the ground)

But there are some details I left out sg:

Those details being:

The following.....:

...few tidbits of information:

With my plane line improved........it has seemed I could more comfortably stand closer to the ball and NOT hit it fat. If I got close to it before, it felt like I was "jamming myself" and I'd hit lots of fatties. And since my clubface control is good and I'm not swinging underplane I haven't feared hosel shanks. (when standing closer to it, that is)

My toe shots were much improved at the end of last year. The best I know, I attribute it to:

• Tracing plane line more left- especially after flattening irons. (I would try to hit the outside-back with a feeling of "cutting across it" from the outside as if I was left-hand karate-chopping a guy beside me- in the nuts of course)
    -
  • Standing closer to the ball. (made possible by better plane line)
    -
  • Finding a good, stable "balance point" at address. (perhaps also a posture that encourages its maintainance throughout)

This is what I've found. For the most part it makes sense.

Good luck though sg. I've had em bad. Fingers crossed for this year but I am fairly confident.

Last edited:
Once I started swinging more left I haven't even been close to the toe. Center center center.....hope it stays. I've lost better swings before:)

[*]Tracing plane line more left- especially after flattening irons. (I would try to hit the outside-back with a feeling of "cutting across it" from the outside as if I was left-hand karate-chopping a guy beside me- in the nuts of course)

BirdieMan - Did the lie board show you needed to bend the irons flat or did you do it on gut reaction????

Ya no lie board. I just wanted to try it. For me, I think it is gonna make quite a big difference. It has thusfar.

Basically I was making swings that I thought shouldn't be as left-prone as they were.

And additionally (to the above)...........as I said earlier- the irons also helped free me up to make better swings overall. Particularly with a better plane line.

I also noticed (once I bent my posture over more...and lower my hands some also) that the toes of my irons were sticking way up in the air at address.

Last edited:
I'm sure there's a simple answer for this but I can't figure it out. Any ideas? Is it maybe because to raise up to not hit it fat, thus further away from the ball?

I just caught this part of your post actually (sometimes I skim fast and miss things)........

I think you may be sniffing in the right region.

Status
Not open for further replies.