Swivel and finish position question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't bore everyone with my injury history again but I am starting to practice full shots again and want to minimise and simplify my swing action through the ball, my thinking being that I want to avoid a full wrap around finish.

I have found that I actually hit the ball better swinging to an abreviated finish, about 3/4 (in my mind) to where the shaft is parallel to the ground at finish and elbows in front of me.

Why does it feel like I hit it better and possibly further this way?

I thought it may be that I swivel better or differently?

I am also experimenting with the amount of swivel and to revisit something I found Brian said a few months back are there any rough guidelines to how much swivel is better for say one person, and then different for another?

I have found that I actually hit the ball better swinging to an abreviated finish, about 3/4 (in my mind) to where the shaft is parallel to the ground at finish and elbows in front of me.

Why does it feel like I hit it better and possibly further this way?

A few possibilities for why 3/4 finish is better than full for you:

1. Better pivot action.
2. More lag pressure (no flip).
3. Simply that shorter swing = better contact and compression.

But I'm just guessing mate! :)

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
the more you "push" and the less you "pull" will end up in a position you are talking about with similar distances as a full wrap around finish. Remember that the wrap around finish is more the club pulling you from all the pulling you did before you hit the ball. If you don't pull too much and do a lot of pushing, it will be hard to end up much past 3/4 finish

Status
Not open for further replies.