Take the Reward away

Status
Not open for further replies.
To all, question

Had a lesson with a 15 hdcp. slicer last night.
He had a neutral grip
Real narrow stance and slightly closed stance
Stood way too close to the ball
Club face was too open at the top and delivery

What would be the second thing you would change?

After fixing the clubface, distance from the ball would be number 2. I have the same stance issues, I find that the more open the club face at the top or downswing, the closer I stand to the ball and the narrower my stance. Why ?

I find that the more open the club face at the top or downswing, the closer I stand to the ball and the narrower my stance. Why ?

Because you don't have to move out to the ball to square up the face and you can try and square up the face with your right shoulder/arm/hand.

Matt

Another example

Take the Reward away from a leakage hooker.

Which thing below goes away first?
Right side bend
Strong right hand grip
Exsessive knee bend
backing up hips
baseball finish position

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator

the less waist bend (not side bed aka axis tilt), generally, the less axis tilt you will create and thus LITERALLY have more room for you to flip the club without digging it in the ground 3 feet behind the ball.

bend way over (lotsa waist bend) and try and do that and you'll hit it 3-4 feet fat.

Steve Khatib

Super Moderator
the less waist bend (not side bed aka axis tilt), generally, the less axis tilt you will create and thus LITERALLY have more room for you to flip the club without digging it in the ground 3 feet behind the ball.

bend way over (lotsa waist bend) and try and do that and you'll hit it 3-4 feet fat.

That's it bend him over more(not as much as Jim Hardy though:D) and it will flatten it out. Take the reward away a second time.

Status
Not open for further replies.