Takeaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

ej20

New
Should the clubhead move outside,straight back,or inside the target line?

Should the hands be passive initially?

Tape flashlight on end of shaft. Have light trace target line and you will see club goes in, up and back.
RT. wrist bends . Hands control pivt

Eminem

Banned
Yes your hands should be passive initially. Your original line is inside - you swing on an arc and telling someone to take the club on a str8 line back is just moronic.

hue

New
pixie: Why not just work at getting it right first time rather than going too far the other way?

Brian Manzella

Administrator
The idea is for you to use you pivot to take your HANDS back away from the ball.

Most people come over the top because>>>>>>>>>they HAve to! not because they take it back to the inside!

As I've learned from Brian they come over the top because they have an open face.
They cock rt wrist instead of bend .
Then they try pull rt elbow in with a rt palm skyward ------only one thing to do from there--------over the top.
Twist away then twist away some more!

ej20

New
Which method is more desirable for the takeaway?

Body initiated,passive hands/arms.

Or Hands/arms initiated,passive body.

I believe Ben Hogan used the latter.

quote:Originally posted by ej20

Should the clubhead move outside,straight back,or inside the target line?

Should the hands be passive initially?

I like a two piece takeaway, which most golfers call the one piece takeaway.. a slight bending of the flat right wrist as shoulders pivot away ( as Brian said ) keeps the clubface square for a small distance before the right wrist completes its fold back to the top.

I see Els and Furyk two piece away with the right wrist as I discribed, check out some pics of them in GD.

Status
Not open for further replies.