Talent Scouts?? Who'd you put your money on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If pro golf success were all about swings...who would you pick to follow in Tigers footsteps??

Float loading Guy ?:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5GBn6CCwTs

Stack and tilt Guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3qhx06fq9E

check out the others and where would your money go??

Anybody reckon they are good talent scout??

PS. These guys are on Youtube (posted by somebody close to them) ...these are recent swings...they won big tournament....there are in the public eye.... fair game for discussion....

S&T guy because his video shows him working on his putting:)

I like both swings, but the S&T guy's swing looks like it would hold up better under pressure. He also demonstrated his ability to work the ball.

I love watching players that float load. The best golfer I have played with was a 70-ish man with a limp. He dragged his hands back and float loaded on the way down. He didn't hit any of his clubs over 240 yds, played a beautiful low penetrating draw, he mashed down with his driver, and had a wonferful wedge game. He shot 68 that day, while making it look effortless. He stopped almost every wedge within 8ft.

S&T guy because his video shows him working on his putting:)

I like both swings, but the S&T guy's swing looks like it would hold up better under pressure. He also demonstrated his ability to work the ball.

I love watching players that float load. The best golfer I have played with was a 70-ish man with a limp. He dragged his hands back and float loaded on the way down. He didn't hit any of his clubs over 240 yds, played a beautiful low penetrating draw, he mashed down with his driver, and had a wonferful wedge game. He shot 68 that day, while making it look effortless. He stopped almost every wedge within 8ft.

That sounds like a Snead-like engine...if the mechanics are sound it does not wear out as fast!...may lose a few hp over the years but still runs smooth!

That sounds like a Snead-like engine...if the mechanics are sound it does not wear out as fast!...may lose a few hp over the years but still runs smooth!

He didn't have much Snead in his stroke, but had a more Greg Mchatton type action with hands that just barely landed on the TSP. It was as fluid as a Snead -like motion. I lust for that swing! Playing with that guy instantly made my short game and tempo improve. I was so outclassed, and felt like a student trying to impress his teacher. He really knew how to use his hands.

You are saying if you freeze these golf swings in time and if nothing else matters?

If that's the case.....and knowing nothing else about these players.....I would take the float loading guy probably.

Last edited:
I like both swings, but the S&T guy's swing looks like it would hold up better under pressure.

I'm curious why you think his swing would hold up better under pressure. Is it because of the S&T part or something else?

He also demonstrated his ability to work the ball.

In my opinion, working the ball is overrated. The ability to hit the same shot shape under control, with good fundamentals, is much more important and impressive to me.

Not trying to knock your post. I think you had some great points to hit on when judging the quality (i.e. scouting) someone's golf swing. The ability to hold up under pressure and work the ball are definitely good topics to discuss :) .

I'm curious why you think his swing would hold up better under pressure. Is it because of the S&T part or something else?

In my opinion, working the ball is overrated. The ability to hit the same shot shape under control, with good fundamentals, is much more important and impressive to me.

Not trying to knock your post. I think you had some great points to hit on when judging the quality (i.e. scouting) someone's golf swing. The ability to hold up under pressure and work the ball are definitely good topics to discuss :) .

I agree that working the ball is not necessary in todays game, but it does give some players a slight advantage (think Hogan/Tiger). I wasted so much time trying to 'work' the ball because the armchair golf gurus claimed that was the path to golf greatness. I now just stick with my draw.

I think that the S&T guy has a tighter swing that looks simple, and that pattern is known for helping certain players absolutely kill their irons.

I'm not a fan of judging a player based on their swing.

Status
Not open for further replies.