Teaching Summit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was wondering if anyone is attending the Teaching Summit or has talked with anyone who is there. Observations....evaluations? Thanks

Brian Manzella

Administrator
The report from the PGA Teaching & Coaching Summit

Anyone go?

187 views to this post and not even 1 reply.........anyone else curious?

I was there.

Of course, I always am there.

"The Summit XII" was held at the Faldo Institute by Marriott off of I-Drive in Orlando.

It was Joe Hallet's first turn at running the event, and it was the first time it was held right before the PGA Show.

It will be remembered for the following things that I saw with my own eyes (some other things that it will be remembered for, I didn't witness, as I was throwing caps and tassels in the air on the back end of the range.

But that's another story.

Here is the list:

The Gary Wiren & Matt Frelich ball-flight laws "roundtable."

James Leitz' D-Plane talk.

The guys from Golftec coming with more measured swing info in a 20 minute infomercial than almost every non-ball flight talk combined.

No "scheduled" live lessons, less than 30 shots hit.

Ken Green's and later Bob Toski's humor.

Mike Breed's 1st time as MC.

Bobby Clampett probably easily doing the best job presenting, but relying on video "data" and "seems as if" quite a bit.

Lynn Blake trying to get his 3:30 minute presentation into 45 minutes.

Of course there were many others, but I didn't get to see them all. Questions had to be emailed in, and were asked as an afterthought at best.

Selfishly, I will always remember it as my coming out party.

And that I'll discuss at length, in a full blog post soon.

Today is "Demo Day," and as a sign of the times in my "big upgrade"—so to speak—I am off to shoot an article and video for Golf Magazine, and then some video for TrackMan.

Lots to write about in that blog.....

I am going to get a subscription to Golf Magazine...again.

One of two golf publications that I canceled my subscriptions to in early 2008!

Matt

ZAP

New
I am going to get a subscription to Golf Magazine...again.

One of two golf publications that I canceled my subscriptions to in early 2008!

Matt

And I can finally start actually reading mine instead of just looking at the pictures. lol

The guys from Golftec coming with more measured swing info in a 20 minute infomercial than almost every non-ball flight talk combined.

Yes just 40 lessons on kvest and $2,500 later and you have tour pro numbers the only problem cant bring those numbers to play.

No "scheduled" live lessons, less than 30 shots hit

Thats a F in presentation

The Gary Wiren & Matt Frelich ball-flight laws "roundtable."

James Leitz' D-Plane talk

I'm sure this was good stuff now we can throw throw the old PGA manual away

Ken Green's and later Bob Toski's humor

Probably worth the price of admission 2 good guys

Bobby Clampett probably easily doing the best job presenting, but relying on video "data" and "seems as if" quite a bit.

How about Clampett hittings balls and video might be better

Status
Not open for further replies.