TEACHING

Status
Not open for further replies.
A question addressed to all the teachers, - or, indeed anybody that's tried to fix a golf swing, incl. their own - out there...

When a student embarks on a lesson series with you, what percentage of lessons go in the following manner...

1. You change A with the intention of getting to B (using any and all methods until the right one is found), B comes along from which it's easy to hop to C, and from there a bit more work drives you right into D, fully fixed (or as fixed as one can be in this game)

2. You change A with the intention of getting to B, but something unforseen occurs, you have to think on your feet, maybe have a little tour of the rest of the alphabet before you can get into C and hence to D

3. You change A and magically all the dominoes fall before you and D comes along with barely a grumble

4. The student has talent but there's a lot going on which is hard to unravel; thus, you throw plenty at the wall just to see what sticks before proceeding in a more systematic manner

5. The student is an uncoordinated nightmare and the whole thing's just a debacle

6. The student is a technical marvel and just needs a good talking to, or a few more trips to the putting green

I'm sure there are a few more scenarios I've missed, but I'd expect number 2 to gain the most

I would add one more. For golfers that have a reasonable swing, you may have to Change A and B simultaneously to end up at a better C

Status
Not open for further replies.