Teeace finally figured it out.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
He asked, "why are those javelin throwers running before they throw it?"......

Yah, tapio, why are they running?......the better question is why do they stop running to throw it?

It's not because of the damn line. They stop so they can speed something else up - the effing javelin. If that's not one of the best representations of the kinematic sequence then I give up.

This reminds me of all the old baseball coaches I use to argue with about the old "drop and drive" pitching method. They always left out the stop and rotate and, oh by the way, don't let your arm lag. To me, any sort of forward motion (eg. running, sliding, shifting) is to build up speed for the rotation. Forward motion is useless if it is not translated into rotation. Rotation is how we humans swing, hit and throw things efficiently.

I had some time to waste, so I went searching for where this came from. Can't say that I'm glad I found it. Now a couple guys there are using a shot put motion and comparing that to a golf swing to debunk the kinetic chain theory? Am I the only one that sees very little correlation between the two?

I'll admit the kinetic sequence theory is just a theory and may not be entirely correct in relation to the golf swing, but it mostly holds up with athletic motions involving swinging distal body parts or swinging extensions held on to by distal body parts, but a shot put that has more in common with a vertical jump? Really?

Javelin run up = hips rotating at peak

Javelin thrower slowing his run = hip rotation slowing down

Javelin thrower's arm speeds up = golfer's arm speeds up

Etc...

You get it now, don't you

The javelin run up is linear and the hip rotation is angular, but even a straight up moron can get the analogy.....

Bottom line is that when jeffy throws a javelin, he never stops running or wants to stop running....how's that working out for him? - he should sign up to be the javelin catcher..

I'll tell you how it's working out.... He carries it 210.....

Status
Not open for further replies.