TeeAce graphs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Degrees are nonsense without directions.

I agree, much like graphs without the axes labeled:)

My reply was an explanation as to why the information you are asking about was not supplied--it was not taken from a published article. It was a brief informal answer to the question Jeffy asked.

All an assumption on my part but, in reading that answer again I understand him saying that 0* is when the hands are at their lowest point. Then a (-) degrees is that many degrees prior to low point.

Last edited:

TeeAce

I agree, much like graphs without the axes labeled:)

My reply was an explanation as to why the information you are asking about was not supplied--it was not taken from a published article. It was a brief informal answer to the question Jeffy asked. All an assumption on my part but, in reading that answer again I understand him saying that 0* is when the hands are at their lowest point. Then a (-) degrees is that many degrees prior to low point.

So there is already big 2D illusion, because:

- Hands don't move to that direction
- CH don't move to that direction
- The angle between shaft and arm is not to that direction
- Hands and CH are not even moving to same direction.
- The release don't happen to that direction

If the directions of the real moves are not real, the whole research can give invalid results.

So there is already big 2D illusion, because:

- Hands don't move to that direction
- CH don't move to that direction
- The angle between shaft and arm is not to that direction
- Hands and CH are not even moving to same direction.
- The release don't happen to that direction

If the directions of the real moves are not real, the whole research can give invalid results.

I have no idea how the model was constructed. Again that was only my assumption. I'm sure your point(s) can be better addressed by Brian which is why I said "if I may"--meaning I'm not the authority on the subject.

I'm not too convinced that even a 2D model constructed how you envision would give completely invalid results when looking at large scale differences in degrees. When using smaller degree measurements is when I can see there will be a problem with a 2D model. Even still the overall premise would still apply.

Last edited:

TeeAce

I have no idea how the model was constructed. Again that was only my assumption. I'm sure your point(s) can be better addressed by Brian which is why I said "if I may"--meaning I'm not the authority on the subject.

I'm not too convinced that even a 2D model constructed how you envision would give completely invalid results when looking at large scale differences in degrees. When using smaller degree measurements is when I can see there will be a problem with a 2D model. Even still the overall premise would still apply.

I think if You for example got 40 degrees mistake in directions, that should have something to do with calculations for forces and torques.

I don't say there is something wrong in that research like many seems to think. I just asked those details so I could check some cases my self.

TeeAce, if I havent missed it completely in your graphs, would it be possible to get a graph with the ch speed and the cp speed or hand speed during the whole swing with low point and impact point marked? If its already there somewhere could you please direct me to it?

//Fredrik

TeeAce

TeeAce, if I havent missed it completely in your graphs, would it be possible to get a graph with the ch speed and the cp speed or hand speed during the whole swing with low point and impact point marked? If its already there somewhere could you please direct me to it?

//Fredrik

Here You are

speedsvspathandheight.jpg

Yellow = chs
Blue = hand height (left wrist = hand)
Red = hand path (distance from the target line)
Green = absolute hand speed
Purple = hand speed toward the target

Can't draw the line to both of those points You asked, but You can find those easily there.

Please notice that the hand speed toward the target is dropping much more than the absolute hand speed in 3D. Main part of that is because the direction changes, not much because of real deceleration.

Thanks a lot. A couple of questions.
All speed lines have same y scale? I.E. chs is immediately higher than absolute hand speed?
Hands go in before up?
And how can the absolute speeds be negative, or isn't black line zero?

Last edited:

TeeAce

Thanks a lot. A couple of questions.
All speed lines have same y scale? I.E. chs is immediately higher than absolute hand speed?
Hands go in before up?
And how can the absolute speeds be negative, or isn't black line zero?

God questions Proximity.

Yes the speeds are on same scale and the ch is moving with higher speed because of it's wider arc.

And yes, hands go in before the go up and I think I made one mistake somewhere in my earlier posts. The release starts when the hands (left wrist again) reaches it's closest position to the target line, not the lowest.

And You are also right about absolute speed, I wasn't clear enough with that. Should be using term speed in 3D. Anyway it doesn't change the idea, that is't the absolute distance relative to the time between two 3D locations, and we do some calculation to see if it's moving back or through. We also got real absolute chs and it never reach zero like here

chabsspeed1.jpg

Thanks for good comment and questions. Learned again something

Status
Not open for further replies.