Terminology/Abbreviations

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a newcomer to this site, I'm often confused as to certain terminology.. abbreviations are a major confusion.. you see, I'm not the brightest bulb on the chandelier. For example, what the heck is BRW? FLW? D-plane? etc?

Maybe a "Manzella for Dummies" sticky with terminology/definitions/abbreviations would help.

Full disclosure - I just started working with Kevin Shields this year :D.. met Brian @ Sewickley Heights in July.. just a mid-handicap 55-yo hack that has 3-5 blow-up holes a round. :eek: Kevin has helped immensely in picking up some distance.. we need to work on the short game more now that I'm leaving myself with those delicate shots around/near the green... 100 yds was a lot more predictable than 30-40 yards.. or short-side chips.

I probably will not and cannot get that technical or challenge the A-players in the Pittsburgh Golfers Tour, but I do like reading threads and would like to at least understand what's being said. Now, since I probably will not challenge those A-players, I'd really like to move from the C-flight to the B-flight next year. :)

Last edited:

natep

New
Some of the one's I've seen:

BRW= Bent right wrist
FLW= Flat left wrist
LCT= Lagging clubhead takeaway
LAFW= Left arm flying wedge

Status
Not open for further replies.