Texting while practicing

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just a little one time observation. Today I witnessed a guy, late 20's I would guess, practicing putting. I swear he never putted 3 in a row before that phone went off with a call, or a text message. This went on for about 45minutes. He had it on vibrate, so no distraction.

The cell phone - texting addiction is really, in my opinion, just crazy.

Yep seen it / heard it, myself I use it as a tool because when I play against others....there not quite. If it bugs you, perfect......gotta get out of the PG mode -when missing putts does not mean anything. Get yourself zoned in and make the putt even next to the dude.
Sorry, got to get used to every walk of life (golfer ) out there.
FYI I still would rather do something that would entail the phone being inserted into their body.
JeffS

If you want people to know you're a player, follow the steps on this list:

1) Wear only brightly-colored, tight-fitting Puma or J. Lindenberg clothing.

2) Always laugh after hitting a bad shot on the range, as if to say, "I'm way above that, how unusual!" Keep laughing, no matter how many consecutive bad shots you hit.

3) Hold your finish as long as possible. Everyone should know how good that shot was.

4) Always incorporate a cell phone into your putting practice. Talking on the phone while nonchalantly one-handing putts is a great way to let people know that you're pretty much too good to take putting practice seriously.

It was a simple observation. He didn't bother me.
GPM1985 - Clear as bell.
Suns11111 - I have no clue what thoughts you are trying to communicate.

Phones on the course

This happened about 10 years ago. Private club. Signs posted in the clubhouse, proshop door, proshop.

No cell phones allowed on the course.

Business outing. One guys phone is going off every other hole. Phone goes off when my friend is on the tee in the middle of his swing. My friend is a founding member of the club.

He goes over to the guy and asks to see his phone like he is interested in actually seeing the phone.

Proceeds to tee the phone up and crushes his best drive of the day - pieces of phone everywhere.

Says to the guy "its posted everywhere - no #$%#@$% phones allowed on the course"

Gets in his cart and takes off. Can't remember what happened after that.

This happened about 10 years ago. Private club. Signs posted in the clubhouse, proshop door, proshop.

No cell phones allowed on the course.

Business outing. One guys phone is going off every other hole. Phone goes off when my friend is on the tee in the middle of his swing. My friend is a founding member of the club.

He goes over to the guy and asks to see his phone like he is interested in actually seeing the phone.

Proceeds to tee the phone up and crushes his best drive of the day - pieces of phone everywhere.

Says to the guy "its posted everywhere - no #$%#@$% phones allowed on the course"

Gets in his cart and takes off. Can't remember what happened after that.
wow, i don't know but that sounds kinda crazy.

I would remember what happened after that. If that was my phone I would be explaining to police why some hothead, Steve Williams-wanabee has a driver wrapped around his head. After all, he could have just asked the guy to turn off the phone.

There ya go

I would remember what happened after that. If that was my phone I would be explaining to police why some hothead, Steve Williams-wanabee has a driver wrapped around his head. After all, he could have just asked the guy to turn off the phone.

Pretty much the response I've gotten from everyone I've ever told this story to. However, if there had been retaliation in the manner you suggest, this guy would never be able to find another job in his industry in the whole US for the rest of his life. He would be bancrupt and in jail. Remember I said private club and FOUNDER.

I'm not talking about frat brothers, regular foursome or brother in law.

This thread is hilarious. (honest) I have too much to say to all these posts...

lol...

Maybe the original guy was sexting...

<i>3) Hold your finish as long as possible. Everyone should know how good that shot was.
</i>

I was taught to always hold my finish regardless of how good or bad the shot was, it teaches you to swing in balance.

Last edited:
<i>3) Hold your finish as long as possible. Everyone should know how good that shot was.
</i>

I was taught to always hold my finish regardless of how good or bad the shot was, it teaches you to swing in balance.

If you hold your finish after laying the sod over an 80-yard wedge, you will look like a buffoon. Sorry.

Come on. You are going to hold your finish after, say snipe hooking it in the woods? As the previous poster said, you would really look like a fool. Of course, in today's world you might hear, "Nice shot, Joe", which is even more stupid.

Actually, I can't recall anytime during my 50 years of playing where someone really hit a bad shot and posed his finish. A lot of other actions, but not posing.

Who cares what anybody thinks. Bottom line is all good players finish, whether you like it or not. To me it's part of the swing, if I've made a bad swing i usually don't finish. It's one of my swing keys, "swing to a finish".

Ralph, you are missing the point. What GPM said was hold your finish as long as possible, as in abnormally long. He did not say not to finish every swing.
Time for this silly little thread to die.

It lives!

Ralph was basically just talking about giving attention to a process vs. a result, no?

Somewhat like Brian's "Finish with your knees together and tap your right toe three times" for kids, no?

No?

Man youse guys are feisty reowwwww.

You are correct, Lynn Blake told a friend of mine that he sat and watched Sergio practice and he counted that he held the finish for about 8 seconds and he repeated the process every time. Gregg Mchatton told me to always finish regardless of the outcome of the shot (shank, hook, slice, topped, pured). I'm trying to work on proper acceleration, so I want to feel as if the club is at it's fastest at some point beyond the ball. So my thoughts are follow through and finish.
I apologize if my post was offensive, I think I'll stick to occasional lurking.
Ralph

Status
Not open for further replies.