The 3 Imperatives revisited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Bartlett

Administrator
A while back I asked the question, WHEN are the 3 Imperatives imperative?

I figured it was during the time that the club was in contact with the ball.

But, then I started thinking...is it possible to bend the plane line for that very brief moment that the ball and club are in contact?
Can the amount of left wrist bend or arch change in that fleeting instant?
Can you loose lag pressure in that .0005 of a second?

IF the club-head is moving as a free body then I would Now say that the Imperatives are imperative from the Top until the moment when the club-head "disconnects" before impact.

Last edited:
Concur

[size=-1]A while back I asked the question, WHEN are the 3 Imperatives imperative?

I figured it was during the time that the club was in contact with the ball.

But, then I started thinking...is it possible to bend the plane line for that very brief moment that the ball and club are in contact?
Can the amount of left wrist bend or arch change in that fleeting instant?
Can you loose lag pressure in that .0005 of a second?

IF the club-head is moving as a free body then I would Now say that the Imperatives are imperative from the Top until the moment when the club-head "disconnects" before impact.[/size]
Tom,

Let’s take the swing to take about 2 secs, than taking away 0.0005 secs from deliberate control there still remains 1.9995 secs. The golfer is still as busy as before. :D

A golf swing is like a complicated recipe, all you can do is prepare carefully the ingredients and from there hope for the best at impact, the only fleeting moment of truth. :eek:

Tom Bartlett

Administrator
Tom,

Let’s take the swing to take about 2 secs, than taking away 0.0005 secs from deliberate control there still remains 1.9995 secs. The golfer is still as busy as before. :D

A golf swing is like a complicated recipe, all you can do is prepare carefully the ingredients and from there hope for the best at impact, the only fleeting moment of truth. :eek:

I am missing something Mandrin. I don't know if you are agreeing with me or not? What I am saying is the imperatives only matter right BEFORE impact and no other time in the swing.

Last edited:
concur completely

[size=-1]I am missing something Mandrin. I don't know if you are agreeing with me or not? What I am saying is the imperatives only matter right BEFORE impact and no other time in the swing.[/size]
Tom.

Quite the contrary, could not agree more. You probably missed the heading – concur.

I was only trying to comfort, tongue in cheek, those who feel that they would lose control over their swing.

Moreover, what ever you want to do, you can hopefully do it, except during the very small impact interval.

I am always striving for clarity. Where is the ambiguity in my other post? :confused:

Tom Bartlett

Administrator
Gotcha

When you mentioned the other 1.9995 secs I thought you didn't understand I was talking about the downswing. Gotcha now, thanks.

Last edited:
Reality Dis-Connection

IF the club-head is moving as a free body then I would Now say that the Imperatives are imperative from the Top until the moment when the club-head "disconnects" before impact

Mandrin said:
Moreover, what ever you want to do, you can hopefully do it, except during the very small impact interval.

The only "disconnection" here is THE MIND and REALITY- read the thread - you can see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.