The Big Break II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another golf channel fiasco. I understand they were setting the criteria at handicap of 1 or better. Give me a big break! None of those guys on the first break were a 1, more like 10-15+. Where do they get these guys and worst of all, why would they think they belong on TV.
Lousy golf programming begets more lousy golf programs.
Its all about advertising and while I definitely understand the financial aspects of tv, at least have good programs.

quote:Originally posted by semipro

Another golf channel fiasco. I understand they were setting the criteria at handicap of 1 or better. Give me a big break! None of those guys on the first break were a 1, more like 10-15+. Where do they get these guys and worst of all, why would they think they belong on TV.
Lousy golf programming begets more lousy golf programs.
Its all about advertising and while I definitely understand the financial aspects of tv, at least have good programs.

That sucks! Ever figure who keeps a one handicap? Young kids, the young twenty somethings, the kind they want for the show. The best golfer I play with, mid 30's, very athletic, keeps a 6 and he's dying with it. He belongs to a country club and there is always money on the line, since he dropped below 8 he is giving out too many strokes and losing his shirt. He works very hard on his game but he realizes that he would have to quit work to get to or below a 1. Young twenty somethings live cheap. LOL. The show will look better, but the Walter Mitty dreamers , the old guys ,will be offical out of the loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.