The Fiddle Drill and NHA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently viewed Confessions of a Former Flipper again, and have been thinking about the drills BManz talks about toward the end of the video. I went out today and tried to work with the fiddle drill, and found that it felt very awkward. It felt like I was having to sustain my lag a lot more than I am accustomed to.

I have been working on the Never Hook Again pattern all summer, and it seems to be working for me. When I focus on swinging left, I can get my divot in the correct location, namely, on the target side of the ball; nonetheless, I don't feel like I have a lot of lag.

Here is my question: Should I work on increasing lag using, for example, the fiddle drill, when trying to learn not to flip? Learning not to flip has been the hardest thing I have tried to do in golf, and it is a constant goal for me. However, the fiddle drill is really difficult for me, given the pattern that I have been working on. I am trying to figure out whether I should continue to use the fiddle drill, or should I just continue to work on swinging left.

Thanks for any insights you can share.

Status
Not open for further replies.