The Institute at Lake Presedential

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stuffed...
Played nine this morning, this is approach shot on number nine, 141 with a 10-15 mph breeze in my face, 8 iron. Yes, i made the birdie putts.

Damon, what really clicked for me was to take away less inside, and try to swing back down like im trying to slice the ball. In Brian's NHA, i think this translates to something similar to up the wall and the towel drill, or otherwise known as the million dollar lesson.

photo.jpg

MATT System = Cool Technology

Woodbridge, how was your visit with Damon?

I had a great lesson with Damon and really enjoyed getting to see the 3-D system in action. The experience was pretty surreal: it felt like I was going to be in the next Tiger Woods video game.

I have worked with Damon before and have had some great successes over the past 12 months implementing the changes we've discussed. However, I have a fairly significant across the line backswing that we agreed to work on in the offseason with the goal of becoming a more consistent ballstriker with my irons.

Once I got on the MATT system it became pretty apparent how that position was effecting other components of my swing (I can't really get into the details because I'm sure I'll do a poor job of explaining). The suggestions Damon offered up yielded immediate results and made even more sense once I got home and studied the DVD of my 3-D swing. I've been taking advantage of the unseasonably warm DC weather hit the range today to work on the concepts we discussed with some promising early returns.

I'm really looking forward to when Damon gets the flightscope set-up with the MATT system. I think having highly precise clubface, path and ballflight data with the 3-D imaging of a student's swing is going to be the ultimate truth.

I'll try and post up some images later.

Thanks for asking Peter.

Erik_K

New
Damn finally got the facility built? Great! I just got the email from my golf league president about play starting up soon.

I'll have to stop by and check out the new facility.

erik

Come back to Boston

Damon,

Thanks for the reply and good to hear your hard work is paying off. I may be in touch in the next couple months if you dont mind having a chat over the phone about the MATT.

Dan if you ever come back up this way I was just at the International in Bolton, MA. I went through the entire MATT system, FlightScope.....the whole enchiladas! Pretty neat and real amazing when they put together the right shaft and head comb......BOOM, BAM, WAHZA!

Status
Not open for further replies.