The little things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a crazy last 2 days.

Last 2 days on the course I have been hitting my driver the best Ive ever hit it. Almost like a dream I just imagine where i want the ball to go and it goes there. Also hitting it long 250 260 carry which is long for me :cool:

Sad part is my irons have been pretty bad last few days.. Been having a hard time with my alignment and feeling confident over the shot.. Also tweaked my setup posture a bit so all in all just to much going on to make a confident swing..

Played a round this afternoon and still hitting my driver beautiful. Back 9 my irons leave me completely and Im hooking and pulling every shot. Last month every round I played I was shooting 80-84 .. Last 2 days 95-99 lol

Anyways I get home today and get the wall mirror out to check my setup and grip. BAM ! There it is!
My right hand had gotten so strong on the grip that it was pointing well outside my right shoulder .. All because of a little tweak i made in my setup routine.. Last few days i have been putting left hand on first setting the club behind the ball then bringing right hand under to grip the club..

Never thought something so small as the way we grip the club could effect the swing so much. So next time before you push the panic button and curse this beautiful game take a deep breathe and relax ! It could just be a little thing ;)

What a crazy last 2 days.

Last 2 days on the course I have been hitting my driver the best Ive ever hit it. Almost like a dream I just imagine where i want the ball to go and it goes there. Also hitting it long 250 260 carry which is long for me :cool:

Sad part is my irons have been pretty bad last few days.. Been having a hard time with my alignment and feeling confident over the shot.. Also tweaked my setup posture a bit so all in all just to much going on to make a confident swing..

Played a round this afternoon and still hitting my driver beautiful. Back 9 my irons leave me completely and Im hooking and pulling every shot. Last month every round I played I was shooting 80-84 .. Last 2 days 95-99 lol

Anyways I get home today and get the wall mirror out to check my setup and grip. BAM ! There it is!
My right hand had gotten so strong on the grip that it was pointing well outside my left shoulder .. All because of a little tweak i made in my setup routine.. Last few days i have been putting left hand on first setting the club behind the ball then bringing right hand under to grip the club..

Never thought something so small as the way we grip the club could effect the swing so much. So next time before you push the panic button and curse this beautiful game take a deep breathe and relax ! It could just be a little thing ;)
It's always the little things, and then it leads to the big things.

Status
Not open for further replies.