the manzella louisville experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't get into all the details of my full day lesson with Brian, but just wanted to pass along a few observations.

First, if people could see the difference in precision in my golf game after 20 months of reading here, practicing a SD pattern, sampling NSA and NHA features, and four lessons with Brian, there would be a couple hundred thousand golfers calling the Manzella Academy for lessons. My swing and ballstriking are leagues better, even when a little off, than they were two years ago.

Second, I was somewhat disappointed while in Louisville not to be able to hit the ball as far and as well as i have recently because of my lack of time to practice. Brian was not disappointed with what I was doing, however. We spent most of the time we had before the rain on course management, how to improve precision, and, apart from some short game issues I have, on non-technical details. The observations about my game, my tempo, and my overall approach and its tendencies helped solidify some things I have been mulling over lately. There was nothing canned, or off-the-rack about the observations.

Third, my putting has improved a lot, starting with some basics Brian told me about last year. And if I putted on greens like they have a Cardinal Club, I feel like I could make a ton of putts (wow, those are some good greens).

Fourth, Brian has an amazing eye and awareness of what people are doing; I'm guessing you have to watch a lot of golf swings and understand what you are watching to do that. Brian's teaching is the opposite of rote, canned stuff -- it's not just "you need NHA or SD and here's how you do it." You realize Brian is not afraid to do what might work versus what might be expected.

Rain and all, it was just great. Very fun.

And today i finally got to practice and play. It took only an hour on the range to realize why I was hitting the ball so much worse than I had expected. Brian didn't waste time addressing things he thought I would work out on my own, and he had already moved on in his instruction. I played great. I almost chipped in for eagle on 18 using the chipping procedure Brian described while we were sitting in the car waiting for the driving rainstorm to stop.

If you can swing it, a day with Brian will not disappoint.

Last edited:
I am so envious of you. If only I can get a chance to see Brian in person within reasonable economic means, I would not hesitate to drop everything and do it. In the meantime, the videos will have to do.

Great to hear that you have improved and got what you want.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
I am so envious of you. If only I can get a chance to see Brian in person within reasonable economic means, I would not hesitate to drop everything and do it. In the meantime, the videos will have to do.

Great to hear that you have improved and got what you want.

The REST of the Manzella Academy are pretty good too ;)

By the way, I would no doubt go see Jim K. if I lived close to Chicago, Kevin if I lived close to Pittsburgh, etc., etc. That's an easy call.

Status
Not open for further replies.