"The Match" a must read

Status
Not open for further replies.
So on some of your recommendations I read "The Match" By Mark Frost this week while on vacation. I finished it few days ago, but can't get it out of mind. All of the characters are fascinating, but non more than Ben Hogan. I felt like I was there when Hogan pulls up to Cypress unloads his tour bag with cigarette hanging out of his mouth and one of the kids says "It's Hogan" and everyone starts to realize the gravity of the situation (including the reader) that's about to unfold.
So obviously we can't tell the details of the story, because it would ruin it for the reader. But if you if you liked it as much as I did maybe you could chime in with a thumbs up or recommend other great books.

Just finished "The Match" not long ago and recommended to a friend who really liked it as well.If you haven't already read it, another must read for Hogan fans is "Mr. Hogan, the man I knew" by Kris Tschetter. It gives you another side of him.

Seeing as it's Ryder Cup year, a book I will recommend highly is US AGAINST THEM, AN ORAL HISTORY OF THE RYDER CUP, by Robin McMillan. Great read, and a lot of the competitors, U.S and European alike, are not shy when it comes to being critical of their opponents, and, in some places, they're own teammates; in fact, some of the prose positively drips derision and resentment in places. Great stuff, it really is.

The Match and The Greatest Game Ever Played are both page turners by Mark Frost. Two of the best golf books ever written, and I have read quite a few, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.