The most important putt of my life...

Status
Not open for further replies.
internet-high-five.jpg

Also, nice recovery on the celebration.
Leonard_zps9c7c4c56.jpg

ZAP

New
Act like you've been there before! Just kidding because as much as I am jealous of you for playing when we are looking at snow I am happy for you. Based on the celebration it has been a long time coming.

I know if someone were videoing me and that was my putt to shoot par for the first time I would have hit the putt two inches and left. Pressure cooker!

That's awesome Geoff! Congratulations and good luck to your next goal... breaking par!! From all your post everyone can see how hard your working at it! Keep it up and keep swinging brother!!! I second Mike's internet high 5!

Time to tick another box.

Yesterday I shot a 2 under par round (off the front tees).

Made all the more interesting because I was looking after my wife on her fourth game of golf and I used a set of demo clubs (4, 6, 8, W, 3H, 4H) plus my own driver. Who needs a full set?

Plus it was the just time I have hit a hybrid.

Just gotta break par off the back tees.

Last edited:
Geoff, on a scale of 1-10, how much do you credit your new practice setup with FS for helping you hit these new benchmarks?

FS an essential part of my recent improvement. It's hard to quantify.

I committed myself on New Year's Day to eliminating my problems with early extension. I developed a framework of cause and effect as well as solutions....and then I committed to following those solutions. January has been good to me so far. This framework is the key.

I never thought that hitting balls into a net was a good idea as there is no way to asses what the ball is doing. Golf is what the ball does, so you need to know what the ball is doing. The number one reason for purchasing FS was its ability to tell me what the ball did. Effectively I bought myself a driving range with the FS. Number two reason was the club data.

First reason for my recent improvement is that I am able to hit ALOT more balls. Prior to the FS, it was a weekly trip to the driving range to hit 150 crappy range balls. I wouldn't be hitting 300 balls per day if I had only the nets. I would not have built the practice setup without committing to purchasing FS.

Second reason is that I read every word written on this forum (and one or two others). This content provided the framework above.

Third reason is FS. The feedback is immediate and brutal. Make one swing change (e.g full shoulder turn) and you get a 6-7% increase in swing speed and you know you are doing something correct. As BM puts it, these devices take the guesswork out of things. They also encourage you to 'aim small, miss small'. Giving yourself a 2* window for path and face is very tight.

So to answer your question, lets say that FS is at least 50% responsible for my improvement. It is instrumental to my improvement. Everyone should have one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.