The next Hogan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said before...Hulk Hogan???? That was not to demean the young man's talent, which he clearly has. But he, nor his swing remind me of Ben Hogan.

C

caedus

How about this swing . Looks all over it to me but you guys have the knowledge , what do you think

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ95COi8NqE

ej20

New
I agree that it's putting needless pressure on the young man.A lot of factors go into making a great touring player other than just a great swing.Hogan himself has said that not everyone has the stomach for competition.Work ethic,dedication,determination and a killer instinct is what Hogan was famous for as well as a great swing.These things no instructor can teach.

ej20

New
How about this swing . Looks all over it to me but you guys have the knowledge , what do you think

On the surface,this swing looks closer to Hogan due to Martinez having a similar tempo,particularly in the change of directions but in my opinion,Alex's swing is technically closer where it counts....the transition.

Martinez's swing is a lot steeper in the transition.He does not display the laying off move that Hogan does so well.Alex's swing though has this move.

This is in no way a slur on Martinez's swing.The guy is a former tour player I believe and he's obviously a great player but his swing is not Hogan.Also I don't believe Hogan had that extreme a weak right hand grip.

How about this swing .

Looks great to me. I think about anyone can see this guy is a very good player...

I guess you were just trying to bait the forum though eh?

I have no doubts he can hit it but I still would like to see a face-on driver. Hopefully he doesn't try to take too much tilt out.

Big C said:
Looks all over it to me but you guys have the knowledge , what do you think

I think...knowledge is power...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z33tH-JdPDg&feature=related[/media]

I've got the powah!!...I've got the powah!!.........

:rolleyes::)

Hogan?

Didn't catch his name, but surely he played in the US Am a month ago? 15 is the new 20. Nice action.....much like hundreds of others his age (or younger). I've always liked Hogan's follow-thru/finish and few seem to be able to mimic it (for good reason I think). Rather they all seem to look like Michelle Wie (no exception here). The equipment maybe?

Elbow plane and left working divots hardly makes one the next Hogan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.