The PGA is in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hp12c

New
Wow its Saturday and none of the pros are in double digit underpar! I was listening to the anouncers talk about the rough and after watching the tournament today I like the rough that high it compound the crooked tee shot and rewards the fairway shot. I would like to see all of the PGA stops with that kind of rough. What do you guys and gals think?

It's all about birdies. I'm trying to be careful not to offend but lets just say there are some out there that don't understand the value of a par, or of a hard fought birdie. The tour often tries to cater to the lower common denominator.

hp12c

New
It's all about birdies. I'm trying to be careful not to offend but lets just say there are some out there that don't understand the value of a par, or of a hard fought birdie. The tour often tries to cater to the lower common denominator.

I was thinking around the same line. More birdies more viewers.

I was thinking around the same line. More birdies more viewers.

No rough so bomb and gouge becomes the norm and short hitters can't contend. Chicks dig the long ball.
I grew up watching golf when Fred Couples and Davis Love III AND Corey Pavin AND Tom Kite could win. I miss those days.

hp12c

New
No rough so bomb and gouge becomes the norm and short hitters can't contend. Chicks dig the long ball.
I grew up watching golf when Fred Couples and Davis Love III AND Corey Pavin AND Tom Kite could win. I miss those days.

Guys love the long ball too, Im one of them, to see that little ball take off and hear it sizzle in the air wow! But the rough should be rough and if a pro golfer wants to take a risk good for them and us I love to watch a pro struggle and make bogey or double.

Most of us on this site are not your average, everyday fan, but I still think most of us like to see the best at their best.

To me, that means making good descisions, ie. Bump & run or flop, driver or long iron/hybrid off the tee, go for the green or chip out and try to wedge it close for par. Watching these guys hit 14 drivers a day and wedges (rough or fairway) to 20 feet and basically watching a putting contest isn't for me. I really only watch the majors plus the biggies anymore as a result.

hp12c

New
Most of us on this site are not your average, everyday fan, but I still think most of us like to see the best at their best.

To me, that means making good descisions, ie. Bump & run or flop, driver or long iron/hybrid off the tee, go for the green or chip out and try to wedge it close for par. Watching these guys hit 14 drivers a day and wedges (rough or fairway) to 20 feet and basically watching a putting contest isn't for me. I really only watch the majors plus the biggies anymore as a result.

I watch as much golf as possible and yeah watching driver, wedge and thena putt can get monotonous but it is what it is.

The problem is, the pros play these courses one week of the year, while the members and/or public play them the remaining 51. It takes months to grow rough that thick and pinch in the fairways. Most golfers would not enjoy shooting 10 over their normal handicap, looking for someone's drive on every hole, and taking 5+ hours to complete a round.

hp12c

New
The problem is, the pros play these courses one week of the year, while the members and/or public play them the remaining 51. It takes months to grow rough that thick and pinch in the fairways. Most golfers would not enjoy shooting 10 over their normal handicap, looking for someone's drive on every hole, and taking 5+ hours to complete a round.

Not to be mean or nasty but maybe these members should not play from the tips, and if they lose so many balls in the rough what does that say about their ability. I know its their course and some fine ones at that, again it is what it is.

Not to be mean or nasty but maybe these members should not play from the tips, and if they lose so many balls in the rough what does that say about their ability. I know its their course and some fine ones at that, again it is what it is.

You don't have to be hitting from the tips to miss a fairway.

Status
Not open for further replies.