The Release going left

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought the video a couple months ago, tried it like once and then moved on. Watched the video yesterday morning and then played right after. As far as hitting the ball, maybe the best round of the year. Mucho GIR's with plenty of decent attempts at birdie. The best thing was some of the distance I've lost the last few years seemed to come back some with good trajectory.

Only problem was sometimes the ball went left. Had a drive that started to the right, absolutely pounded, high flight that took a very looong lazzzzy route to the left rough. Not even sure what to call it, big slow draw or a hook. My wife was shocked when I said it ended up in the left rough. Normally my hooks start a little left and then take a quick route to the left rough.

Then I had a few left shots with some irons and then a few quicker "normal" hooks to the left.

I have a feeling hooks could be a problem with the new release correct? Anyone else experiencing this?

I actually weakened my grip but will that make the problem worse?

I've had a similar experience, so far this is the only problem I've had with these concepts. Pounded, high draws that sometime surprisingly hook too much. I was told to make sure I'm doing enough spiderman finish.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
It's a date plane issue, you are hitting a big push draw. Having given you a lesson before I'd say your path is too far right and or you're aiming too far right.

ya...my ball goes to the left as well sometimes
but i'm pretty sure it's because my clubface is closed.

Last edited:

hp12c

New
I feel the same hitting the ball, it's no difference. With the tape I get more feed back because it's so big.

If u really want some feed back go smaller, like ah um oh yeah a bottle cap the ones on a pepsi, coke, sprite bottles. If u dont get shallow on those u whiff em.:cool:

What the hell is that noise? And it looks like you're swinging left.

I had to swing left....all the junk on the right side, i didn't want to hit it.
I don't think I can really swing right / right, I really have a hard time of controlling my low point.

Right now, my ball flight is going straight and curve to the left. I would like it more like before, which is left and slightly fade back.

Fought the lefts for a while now. The last couple weeks, I have mostly eliminated the left side by:

1. getting the left hip out of the way in the downswing by using the left thigh, while just letting the right hip get pulled around(art's bumpy back).
2. getting the hands working down in the down swing with low hands feeling at impact. Along with this I have the feel of left shoulder working more up.
3. finish with high hands.

The only problem is the right side miss is huge at times.

It's a date plane issue, you are hitting a big push draw. Having given you a lesson before I'd say your path is too far right and or you're aiming too far right.

Thanks Jim, tried swinging more left with the driver and the hooks tamed down some, just draws mostly now. Some balls seemed to start a little left and curve a little left but still very playable.

Played probably the best round of the year today. Three days now I've been swinging like this and I'm gonna stick with it.

"Ideas" and hearing Hunter Mahan say "This game owes you nothing" has drastically changed my attitude towards this game as I have been ready to be done for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.