The Robotic Fade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guitar Hero

No Secrets, No swing trainers, No advertizing.

I actually thought this one was a legit post, he is going to expand on a pattern and didn't mention any of the usually catch phrases. I for one am always interested in hearing about different patterns, as long as they are not advertisements for training aids.

No Secrets, No swing trainers, No advertizing. Just a pattern I teach to very big muscle dudes. It is also an easy pattern for most golfers to try. I am going to post a Free video on YouTube for those golfers that might be interested in giving it a try.

No Secrets, No swing trainers, No advertizing. Just a pattern I teach to very big muscle dudes. It is also an easy pattern for most golfers to try. I am going to post a Free video on YouTube for those golfers that might be interested in giving it a try.

Can't wait for the video. Great post.

Guitar Hero

Can't wait for the video. Great post.

Here is the scoop on The Robotic Fade Pattern.

The Robotic Fade pattern I am describing uses TGM “The Bat” with fixed alignments. The right wrist is bent back to where the leading edge of the driver is in line with the right index finger knuckle and the left wrist is level. There is a slight bend in the left elbow and more of a bent in the right elbow at address.

The club head is brought back and in with the pivot and brought up with a little bending in the right elbow and motion from the shoulder girdle. Make sure you have the enough up motion starting at the same time as the pivot or you will take the club head to much inside.

The left elbow at address is positioned about 65 degrees off the target line and off the torso. The right elbow position at address is pointing about 45 degrees off the target line and off the torso. The right elbow position is very important as it provides a brace to prevent the club head from coming to far inside on the take away move all the way up to the back swing.

On the down swing this right elbow position also provides a brace and keeps the club head from working under plane. You can use opposing pressure to help maintain the arm structure as well. This is where the right hand is pushing out and the left hand is pulling in. Both forces offset and the feel is like an isometric. This is how I teach TGM extensor action.

A connected pivot is a big key with this pattern and that is where your upper and lower body with your arms are in sync moving together from address to the finish. There is no run off of the arms in the swing. The arms stay in sync with the pivot and only raise and lower during the swing. It has a robotic firm feel in the hands, wrist joints and shoulder joints.

The key to maximizing your body rotation with the Robotic Fade pattern is to have a little space between the upper arms and the upper torso, maintaining this with the firm structure of the shoulder girdle. Also key is maintaining the fixed alignments of “The Bat” until the finish swivel. Once you set the alignments of the hands and arms you do not change them until the finish swivel.

Also the swivel motion I am talking about is from the wrists and a little forearm rotation. The left wrist will bend back and the right wrist will flatten during the swivel while maintaining the arm structure. This is why some will think they see a chicken wing but it really is not a chicken wing at all. The Robotic Fade pattern is very easy to learn and repeat and provides lots of distance and precession.

The Robotic Fade Swing Pattern produces a 3 yard fade with the driver. You can hit draws with this pattern with some alignment changes at address.

To Better Golf,

john-rover-weaver.jpg

John W Rohan-Weaver CMAI, GSEM

Last edited:
GH-
Great pattern. I tried it today and was able get my driver up on a steeper plane. Pretty neutral ball flight with a slight fade when I opened my stance a bit. The only adjustment I had to make was that I had to use a fairly level shoulder turn. I'll definitely use it when I start overcooking my draw. Thanks.

Guitar Hero

GH-
Great pattern. I tried it today and was able get my driver up on a steeper plane. Pretty neutral ball flight with a slight fade when I opened my stance a bit. The only adjustment I had to make was that I had to use a fairly level shoulder turn. I'll definitely use it when I start overcooking my draw. Thanks.

Happy to hear it works for you.

Fun stuff

GH,

Fun stuff, very clever pattern. Thanks to you for sharing it. Thanks to Brian for this great forum!

Acknowledgement--Props!

Brian,

I want to acknowledge that this is first and foremost a place created by your blood-sweat and tears. Obviously it should promote and expound upon your personal theories regarding golf. You've given folks the latitude they need to express their opinions and keep the site vibrant. As your guests we need to recognize that we sometimes make you walk a fine line. You do a good job of it, and as your guests we need to mindful responsible "forum citizens". Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.