The SCOOP on IBF's meltdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
GD: Some would point to Ian Baker-Finch as a failure of yours.

David Leadbetter: I don't think he's a failure of mine. I worked with Ian, but for the most parthe worked with my assistant Mitchell Spearman. Mitchell and he were very close friends. They would work together a lot and I would chip in here and there. I think what happened to Ian was he was trying to achieve something that he couldn't achieve, which in his case was hitting it longer. He would actually almost force Mitchell to work on the line he wanted to work on. But I think Ian had a really good, simple golf swing and had a lot of control over the ball. Somewhere along the line, he went awry. Then, he started listening to other players or other teachers and maybe getting confused in his thinking. He started changing so many things that he actually lost what he had.

ej20

New
Ian is 6'4" and about 190.His driving average was only around 250 yards and it stung him that he was so relatively short from the tee.

He had a wonderful putting stroke though.

quote:Originally posted by ragman

GD: Some would point to Ian Baker-Finch as a failure of yours.

David Leadbetter: I don't think he's a failure of mine. I worked with Ian, but for the most parthe worked with my assistant Mitchell Spearman. Mitchell and he were very close friends.

Leadbetter = Classless.

Weren't me it was Mitch who screwed him up.

BTW, Didn't Mitch actually drag down another good golfer recently. I kinda remember his name on another.

Status
Not open for further replies.