The student perspective ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good threads elsewhere on what constitutes a good teacher or good teaching. Many opinions are from the perspective of the teachers here.

So students ... what makes a good teacher or a good lesson?

(Teachers not excluded since they all have been or are students.)

ZAP

New
things I like to have from a lesson
1. An understanding of what we were trying to accomplish.
2. A few simple ideas to work on when I am practicing on my own.
3. Feeling like I hit a few shots which were "different" than my old ones.
4. What to expect my new shot pattern to be.

its really simple for me:

#1 Improved Trackman numbers (i'd be happy improving even just 1 and, assuming the balls going where I'm looking, I don't really care which one) via a way I consistently repeat or know that I can ultimately consistently repeat.
#2 A better understanding on WHY the numbers I improved were an improvement and HOW he got me there.
#3 Affirmation and Motivation! I like to think my instructor believes I'm a good golfer and that I can reach my goals. Not sure why, I just do.
#4 An idea of where we'd like my swing by the next time we work together.

There's only 1 instructor i've worked with that gives me me all 4, 100% of the time. And I generally get a lot more than just those 4.

Before trackman, I'd have said something that improved the plane of my swing on video, to fix any misses I've been struggling with but #3 and #4 would have been the same. The problem there was I could get my swing to look "perfect" with the lines and what not and I still not know where it was going... So I would have been better off just working on my short game. HA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.