the video Brian is going to sell a zillion of...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My short wedge game and chipping has been really quite poor for my level for quite some time. Brian described for me a chipping procedure I needed to work on at the end of my last lesson (it was in the midst of a driving rain which had rained out the second half of my lesson). His description was very good and so by two weeks later I have a reasonable chipping procedure that I can rely on. Ok, big improvement and not something very hard to do.

The other thing I have needed to improve is my ability to hit the shots inside 50 yards and Brian also described how I needed the up-the-right-arm pitch shot. Something I knew I needed but just haven't ben able to figure out. I have never really gotten how to hit the mid-sole pitch and that has been driving me crazy for a year. I kept trying all last winter to get this shot down and never got there. I've been re-reading everything here about that shot but still didn't get it. Brian gave me some things to work on last fall over the winter, but, again, I just never got there.

Then I went back two weeks ago and watched the Long Island video of Brian showing the range of shots. I'd watched it before but it never "took." This time I went to my practice area and, weirdly, all of a sudden I just got it. In two weeks that part of my game has now gone from poor to really good, and maybe better than that. I can only imagine if I had learned to hit this shot when I was a kid instead of at age 50. I can hit the lob, the mid-sole pitch, the runner to the back left pin. All with the feet a half beat ahead of the motion. The difference is just sick. The across the shaft force I was using and all my anti-flipping safeguards were killing my attempts at these shots before. Now they just seem like the easiest, most natural shots I can hit. I don't know why it was so hard for me to get this one down.

Maybe Brian doesn't want people constantly clamoring for this at a time when he's teaching a ton of lessons. But this is going to shave a lot of shots off a lot of games.

Last edited:
It's a "friends video" Brian sent out to people who contributed when he was rebuilding his house. It's just a recording of a lesson he gave a group in Long Island (with Michael Jacobs, I think) and not a currently for sale video.

Brian may actually prefer not to be prodded on this or beseiged with requests for this, so maybe I should delete my post? Anyway, when Brian comes out with a finished video on this, it's going to be big. Just my prediction.

jimmyt

New
Hey Brian!!!

With all the talk about your short game instruction in this and other threads!!!

Why don't you make a short game video if its not already in the works. Thier are a lot of us out here who would buy it in a heartbeat!

The masses are calling to you Brian.

I have been waiting along time for the short game video to come out, I sure hope it's in the works. In the meantime I bought Phil's short game video which I thought he did a great job with....Another customer patiently waiting for the short game vid.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
Over & Out goes through a lot, nothing of the new material but will still provide you with a fantastic "base" to work off of.

Status
Not open for further replies.