Select response:
Fix the clubface
More axis tilt.
Snap the chain better.
You swing too far left/right

Fix your grip/setup.
Buy NSA/NHA/Flipper/Out and over.
Baloney.

i am beginning to think that set-up is 90+% of the battle...

For me, it is with the driver, and wedge.

My hands have a doctorate, so all I have to do is have a correct setup and aim.

i am beginning to think that set-up is 90+% of the battle...

nice thread hcw ;) :D

the worse your setup, the more important it is to fix it.

by the way, that list was meant to half take the piss out of Brian's teachings/posts (not in a mean way of course :)).

hcw

New
glad you liked it!:)

nice thread hcw ;) :D

the worse your setup, the more important it is to fix it.

by the way, that list was meant to half take the piss out of Brian's teachings/posts (not in a mean way of course :)).

yeah, i'm believing that the correct set up makes most of the rest of the list unnecessary...and i always "got" the sig:)

Last edited:
Setup was a big issue for me recently. I had the ball too far forward, and flipping coming into impact.

Didn't have to fix the flip, just needed to move the ball back a couple of inches, and driver problem was fixed.

little things make a big difference.

hcw

New
yes, they do...

Setup was a big issue for me recently. I had the ball too far forward, and flipping coming into impact.

Didn't have to fix the flip, just needed to move the ball back a couple of inches, and driver problem was fixed.

...last week i hit the ball off the tee really well (for me), except on one hole where i was maybe an inch or so too far away from the ball, had to reach for it and pushed it badly right into the woods...put a provisional down, got a little closer and ripped one that ended up about 310 yds perfectly down the right side of the fairway for this hole...the distance had a lot to do with the dry conditions and getting a downhill run, but it was still good impact and i'm pretty sure i made the same swing motion both times...

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator

Funny how different people do different things. I felt like I had the ball too far back with the driver. I moved it up off my left toe and am hitting it great.

Status
Not open for further replies.