This man's talent makes me angry!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of these guys have pretty amazing hand-eye. I think there's another guy called "Hammer" something-or-other.....he's on TGC sometimes. Very good. I wonder how much of that coordination can be learned.

As for the baseball swing...

It's actually kinda like a dynamic George Hibbard..............

...:rolleyes::D

I used to work at a range tho..........u can actually get "stripin" em surprisingly good walking into it like that.

Back and fourth back and fourth.....I used to just walk the range and do this. More or less off concrete.

i.e.

In a dome with only a real thin green so-called "turf" (which was closer to a thin, felt-like carpet).........and after I busted my 5 iron- with rental clubs only of course. :D

No wonder my shoulder is always sore though.......I would never think of doing that now. When you're smokin em it's too fun though.

Last edited:
Some of these guys have pretty amazing hand-eye. I think there's another guy called "Hammer" something-or-other.....he's on TGC sometimes. Very good. I wonder how much of that coordination can be learned.

Although he has a LOT of movement in his swing, there are some constants..
1) Closed-foot/hip stance for immediate non-pressure backswing..
2) Left foot addressed in the same position...
3) Left foot replaced in the same position (but not where it was at address)..
4) At Impact all forward movement is curtailed...

maybe coordination is not as big a factor as it would seem.
Interesting swing, one of the long-drivers does similar, but without the foot lifting...
There's that closed stance again....seems to crop up more and more....

Love it....

Stores it, knows where to drive his hands and snaps that chain. I'd like to see his wedge game:)

The dude is a savant to some degree. The ball hammer was a bit much and to count it to 50! I bet he'd win the odd pint in an arm wrestling contest!

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
I think there is something wrong with this dude. On youtube, there were veiled insinuations of child predator in his comments section.

It's actually kinda like a dynamic George Hibbard..............

...:rolleyes::D

I used to work at a range tho..........u can actually get "stripin" em surprisingly good walking into it like that.

Back and fourth back and fourth.....I used to just walk the range and do this. More or less off concrete.

i.e.

In a dome with only a real thin green so-called "turf" (which was closer to a thin, felt-like carpet).........and after I busted my 5 iron- with rental clubs only of course. :D

No wonder my shoulder is always sore though.......I would never think of doing that now. When you're smokin em it's too fun though.

The guy I/ve seen on TGC is the "Hitman."

Chris Sturgess

Have you watched his other video? The music is too funny...

Haha. I watched the other video too and the music is really hilarious. From 1:47 to 2:00 is extremely funny.

I like his Happy Gilmore routine but this guy likes bouncing a golf ball on a hammer WAY too much. And he says he is a modern day renaissance man for doing so, haha.

AH YES.....The Hitman. That's him.

That guy is freakin amazing. I can't remember if there were any cuts in his show or if he did all that in one take...either way it was nuts.

I think it just goes to show that letting go and following your instincts when swinging will always work better than concentrating on the mechanics of the swing. He's just thinking I'm gonna wallop that ball OUT THERE, not "Am I on plane?" or "Is my club face parallel to the target?" or any of that mumbo jumbo.
Baseball pitchers don't think, "I need to keep my elbow in/out and and then clear my hips, etc. etc." when pitching, they just throw the ball AT THE TARGET. The throwing is instinctual, and so should the golf swing be.

I think it just goes to show that letting go and following your instincts when swinging will always work better than concentrating on the mechanics of the swing. He's just thinking I'm gonna wallop that ball OUT THERE, not "Am I on plane?" or "Is my club face parallel to the target?" or any of that mumbo jumbo.
Baseball pitchers don't think, "I need to keep my elbow in/out and and then clear my hips, etc. etc." when pitching, they just throw the ball AT THE TARGET. The throwing is instinctual, and so should the golf swing be.

I concur.

An insightful golf swing theorist claims that the proper swing pattern will create the proper alignments...

Mumbo jumbo thought provoking topics don't help golfers outside of the lab.

Golf should be easy. I can't wait until real athletes start playing the game professionally.

Last edited:
Define...real athlete.

I concur.

An insightful golf swing theorist claims that the proper swing pattern will create the proper alignments...

Mumbo jumbo thought provoking topics don't help golfers outside of the lab.

Golf should be easy. I can't wait until real athletes start playing the game professionally.

Is Michael Jordan a real athlete?

jimmyt

New
Tiger! Probably the best example. How does one determine whether or not your son or daughter is a real athlete at such a young age. I'm sure there are a lot of parents out there who believe they have birthed the next "GREAT ONE". How do you really know at the age of 3 in Tigers case, that your kid is the real deal. The other point to consider in this discussion is does the child believe he or she is the real deal and want to love and embrace the work ethic necessary to become the "NEXT".

Status
Not open for further replies.