Tiger & his practice rds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering...Can any golfer in the field play practice rounds at Augusta this early or just Tiger? How come other PGA players don't go early?

:confused:

dbl

New
I believe those in the field can also practice "this early."

Note, TW has more time for this than most since he is not playing tour events.

Ogilvy tweeted last week that he had played a practice round. Brandt Snedeker played about 20+ practice rounds as an amateur when he had qualified for the Masters by winning the US Pub Links.

So yea, other guys can do it too :).

In 1997 Ken Bakst the mid am champ I heard was there every weekend playing and now they limit the amount of times invitees can play

It's my understanding that once you are in the field, you can play as often leading up to the tourny as you like. IIRC, past champions are considered honorary members and can play anytime the course is open.

It's my understanding that once you are in the field, you can play as often leading up to the tourny as you like. IIRC, past champions are considered honorary members and can play anytime the course is open.

The club also took the privilege away from Bernhard Langer after he held up play for members. If you play it as practice, you better let the members play through.

A guy wins two green jackets and can't practice? With respect, that information sounds a bit suspect.

They told him that the invitations to practice, even for past champions, were at the discretion of the club. Probably just a threat to get him to keep moving, he can be pretty slow.

I do not think that a lot of practice rounds were being played in this :

100.jpg

101.jpg

102.jpg

103.jpg

104.jpg

107.jpg

111.jpg

112.jpg

I think if you're invited to Augusta to play the next Masters, you can pretty much get a practice round if you want well in advance when the course is open. Plus with somebody like Tiger, who is a multiple winner of the Masters, he's practically a member of Augusta National. It's not like Nick Faldo or Phil will be turned away from playing there if they ask.

3JACK

God help us

Who knew it snowed in heaven? Great picks of a very special place. Hope with all this global warming the Masters doesn't get snowed out like some World Series games. Is Al Gore a member at Augusta National?

Status
Not open for further replies.