Tiger on the 8th tee at Firestone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today the number one golfer in the world and likely the greatest to ever play the game played his round at the testing Firestone Country Club from the right rough and trees. He shot 68 when the average PGA tour pro would have shot in the mid 70's and reaffirmed that his short game and mental game are leagues ahead of everyone on tour.

It has been difficult for me to watch Tiger perform the pattern that he and Haney have developed but today I realized that Tiger realizes just how laid off he is. Im sure many of you have followed Tiger's career and swing for years and if you have then you have likely seen him make practices swings after poor swings that are grossly exaggerating the type of poor swing that he has just made.

This seems to contradict golf instruction because I feel that it would be logical to make the correct practice swing after a poor swing instead of an overly exaggerated poor one. It is almost as if Tiger is mocking himself.

After a huge block slice on the 8th tee Tiger made a practice swing that looked eerily similar to the swing that Haney was performing on the Haney Project when he was trying to get Barkley to stand with his back against a golf cart and lay the club off to hit the cart.

Now obviously Tiger cant possibly think that he wants his backswing to look and feel like that so I think he is fighting hard to eliminate this laid off look in his backswing.

Though I feel that Haney is a poor golf instructor overall and not the right coach for Tiger the results could be frightening if Tiger got a little less laid off in the backswing.

Did anyone notice this?

Thoughts?

no but he did spit a few times and the guys on Sky Sports were saying how disgusting it was and he shouldnt be doing it on a golf course especially on the green. Totally agree

Butch Harmon is commentating for Sky and he commented on the practise swing he took saying that it wouldnt fix his right misses and probably make them worse

no but he did spit a few times and the guys on Sky Sports were saying how disgusting it was and he shouldnt be doing it on a golf course especially on the green. Totally agree

Butch Harmon is commentating for Sky and he commented on the practise swing he took saying that it wouldnt fix his right misses and probably make them worse

I saw that too eric, Butch said overexagerating a laid off backswing with a bowed wrist as your practice swing is not the answer...

:(

I hope he gets it sorted as I would like to see the worlds best golfer hit a driver down the fairway :p

The one I hate is blowing your nose without a handkerchief, saw him do that one too....yuk.....f

Burner

New
Birdieman, I need a drink. Please pass the Port.

This all reminds me of the saying "let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

Guy's, have we not got anything better to talk about than Tiggs' doing what 99% of the male population routinely do?

Lets confine our comments to his golf game and let those who can beat him tell him just where he is going wrong.

PS: I am not a Tiggerphile and get bored sh!tless, with his over exposure regardless of how he is playing. There are many other players that I would rather watch, even though he is the head honcho.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
If Tiger wasn't so believably talented he wouldn't be able to make this swing 'work' and any other pro would have moved on by now.

To the OP yes, i have been complaining about his laid off backswing for a couple years now

I spit all over every golf course I have ever played on.

Except when I was younger. I didn't spit at all back then, for some reason.

I agree though!- no loogs on the greens. No loog-less spit either.

I like Spitz too. Just not on the greens.

Some people get uptight if I even have em near a golf course. (even though I would never spit em on greens)

It's worse when I bust out the pistachios.

Status
Not open for further replies.