Tiger, Rory, Jordan, and Justin - #2 Tee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take a look....

<script id="facebook-jssdk" src="//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.3"></script><script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.3"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
#2 Tee

Posted by Michael Finney on Monday, April 13, 2015​

The more I look at this stuff, to me, Tiger and Rory just go through a more substantial and intentional "unweighting" period. They are both about to ask alot from the ground - as they unweigh and put themselves in a position (maybe a more commanding position?) to spike the ground reaction force vector beneath each foot. Once they set their "new" unweighted "head level", their heads remain very close to that position until the ball is 30 yards down range.

Both are OBVIOUSLY very adept at manipulating their body segments and their associated forces and torques to be able to return the club face back to the ball with some great precision.

So I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that Tiger and Rory's individual right and left foot GRF vectors have more magnitude than Jordan and Justin's. That by itself is not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. Tiger and Rory just ask for a little more from the ground and they have to unweigh to put themselves in a position to do that.

ZAP

New
Interesting that the "squat" that is observed to be a bad thing by so many might not be so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.