Tiger Woods golf clinic on Youtube

Status
Not open for further replies.
pin high

"pin high" means that you hit the ball the correct distance to the flag (pin). you´re not short of the hole, nor long of the hole.

To hit the ball high he states he keeps the emblem of his glove pointing at the sky. Is this something you would want to teach. I don't think so.

Thats just my point when he demonstrated keeping the emblem facing the sky he totally bent his left wrist to show this. Thats what i saw anyway. If people take that literally you have an epidemic of flippers on your hands.

Chris Sturgess

I think the last thing people with handicaps over 10 need to worry about is how to hit a high shot. In those clinics they always go over high, low, fade, draw. What they should actually cover is how to grip the club correctly, how to make a decent pivot and plane. Tiger covers a little of that I think but a lot of these clinics turn into useless fluff.

I think the last thing people with handicaps over 10 need to worry about is how to hit a high shot. In those clinics they always go over high, low, fade, draw. What they should actually cover is how to grip the club correctly, how to make a decent pivot and plane. Tiger covers a little of that I think but a lot of these clinics turn into useless fluff.

Don't forget impact! No one teaches impact in pop instruction.

Don't forget impact! No one teaches impact in pop instruction.

Absolutely true - impact is forgotten because most people do not know what really happens AND they have no way of measuring what happens... unlike plane which is readily "seen" :rolleyes: ;) on the video camera !!! So they teach what they "see" and not what matters!!

Status
Not open for further replies.