Tiger Woods - Knee Surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
his left knee might be the only thing that could stop him from breaking every record there is. He might have to learn how to swing left handed at some point in his career.

What is the average recovery time for a torn meniscus?

Are they ever done bilaterally?

If it's a repair then it would take about 16 weeks to return to golf -regardless of what kind of athlete you are dealing with. If he is looking at returning in 1-2 months then it most likely is a scope to "clean up" some scar tissue, perhaps a menisectomy, something similar.

I said last year that I thought he might have some knee issues and I think it started bothering him sometime in March 07. He's a good enough athlete and a great enough golfer to "manage" winning tournaments even with a sore knee but when the knee is sore his body will slightly change his swing and you'll get the block or hook.

http://www.brianmanzella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8005&page=4

And I've never seen a meniscal repair done bilaterally. Total knees sometimes but the first few weeks are a bear.

Last edited:
Movement of Left Knee

3 surgeries on left knee of world's best suggest that repetitive aggressive movement during the swing may provide the wear and tear.

What is the proper motion of the left knee in the down swing? How much rotational action across the left (forward) knee is necessary?

Alternatively, his knee injury may have nothing to do with his golf swing.

Status
Not open for further replies.