Tiger's excuses for poor putting at the majors are getting old

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, if the over/under on Tiger's total number of majors is 14.5, I'm taking the under. Let's travel back in time to July 1983 at Royal Birkdale. After that Open Championship, how many people would have guessed that Tom Watson would never win another major. And what club was his undoing?

P.S. I'm pretty new to this line of thinking. The combo of scandal induced self doubt, poor putting, and injury have me where I am now. I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Personally, if the over/under on Tiger's total number of majors is 14.5, I'm taking the under. Let's travel back in time to July 1983 at Royal Birkdale. After that Open Championship, how many people would have guessed that Tom Watson would never win another major. And what club was his undoing?

P.S. I'm pretty new to this line of thinking. The combo of scandal induced self doubt, poor putting, and injury have me where I am now. I hope I'm wrong.

I am taking over.

This just ain't right....

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fcuLMYk6H8c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Amen brother. I've never seen a world class driver of the ball deliver the handle shoved out in front like that. Unfortunately, I believe it's a symptom of chasing that red herring called "compression." It is a golf term that is very irresponsibly used by golf instructors.

It just so happens that if you hit the ball solid and have delivered the correct angles for the shot at hand, the exact right amount of "compression" or deformation will happen all by itself.

Last edited:

Over!

P.S.: Tiger shot 66 today. Currently tied for third place.

Status
Not open for further replies.