Tiger's massive divot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ej20

New
I believe Tiger is the first person ever to reach a green in regulation from 150 yards out with his divot.lol

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Can you hit irons shots "where you are looking" if you hit down on the massively? Can you "zero out" and hit down a lot?

Yes and Yes. But good luck with the longer irons if you want to get the ball in the air some. I use to be able to zero out just about any iron with a handle-dragging, arm-tugging swing. It just gets really dicey.

My feeling—and it includes some statements made by particulars—is that Tiger Woods is hitting down on the ball WAY more than "tour average" with his irons.

For a guy who has NEVER EVER zeroed out except on accident, Tiger knows where his ball is going now, especially when he is trapping a short iron or hitting a stinger.

Personally, I think he will have to take some of that down, like in the video above, out of his swing to ever come close to playing as well as he can.

They'll figure that out at some point.

Looks to me like he has the ball back in the stance and is playing ye olde Stinger (finish looks like it is as described in Tiger's book).

Is it something like a little fade with a 6iron? *GUESS*

Nice looking divot.

Last edited:
That shot is just a joke. That size of divot has NOTHING to do with golf. WTF (that's whoTF) would EVER want to take a divot that size?

That shot is just a joke. That size of divot has NOTHING to do with golf. WTF (that's whoTF) would EVER want to take a divot that size?

Hmmmm, a golfing genius maybe.

I mean Lee Trevino.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UYPWkOTvnK8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edit: Dropped in the video.

natep

New
I was watching when he took that divot (Tiger I mean). It had been raining and the ground was really soggy.

Last edited:
I'm still waiting to hear an explanation for the movement of that divot. I'd love some clever guy like BerndR to grace us with an explanation. I just can't imagine that it really did that slice thing because of spin. Does anyone believe that? No wai, hosai.

I'm still waiting to hear an explanation for the movement of that divot. I'd love some clever guy like BerndR to grace us with an explanation. I just can't imagine that it really did that slice thing because of spin. Does anyone believe that? No wai, hosai.

How about the same way a football would spin on the ground if you gave it a tilted twist.

Maybe a little extra right arm. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.