Tiger's new swing—a few years back...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a Andrisani's take on the new Tiger swing. See what you think...

1%20setup%20tiger%20copy.jpg

2%20takeaway%20tiger%20copy.jpg

3%20takeaway%202%20tiger%20copy.jpg

4%20tiger%20copy.jpg

It does appear that the driver he's hitting is an Ignite or some other older Nike product...at least it doesn't look like a Sasquatch to me

Yeah it's an old sequence from Andrisani's 2005 book "Tiger's New Swing". Like most of Andrisani's books, it reads like he downed a pot of expresso one morning and dictated it whole in the bathroom while shaving. The book also features a sanctimonious and transparently posturing intro by Jim Mclean, who writes of Tiger's struggles after switching to Haney:

McLean: "However, during Tiger's down period he never got negative, owing to his incredibly strong mental fortitude and out of his all-world short game. Tiger always insisted that he was 'getting close', despite huge evidence to the contrary -- his downward trend in PGA tour statistics - and stayed positive regardless of sportswriters, television analysts, and golf instructors questioning his decision to make drastic changes to his swing."

McLean takes the pose of the sage observer here, leaving out the little detail that it was McLean himself who led the charge in crapping all over Tiger's swing changes, to the point where Haney called him a giant @-hole. Man, you gotta love this stuff...

Yeah it's an old sequence from Andrisani's 2005 book "Tiger's New Swing". Like most of Andrisani's books, it reads like he downed a pot of expresso one morning and dictated it whole in the bathroom while shaving. The book also features a sanctimonious and transparently posturing intro by Jim Mclean, who writes of Tiger's struggles after switching to Haney:

McLean: "However, during Tiger's down period he never got negative, owing to his incredibly strong mental fortitude and out of his all-world short game. Tiger always insisted that he was 'getting close', despite huge evidence to the contrary -- his downward trend in PGA tour statistics - and stayed positive regardless of sportswriters, television analysts, and golf instructors questioning his decision to make drastic changes to his swing."

McLean takes the pose of the sage observer here, leaving out the little detail that it was McLean himself who led the charge in crapping all over Tiger's swing changes, to the point where Haney called him a giant @-hole. Man, you gotta love this stuff...

Reading the book, I thought there were some good points, and just another opinion of Tiger's swing. Anrisani seemed to glow with excitement writing about Tiger. He also made it clear that Tiger did not in any way endorse his perspective.

Relative to today, old swing but still newer.

Before I knew any better, I bought this book.
'Turbo drive' did seal it for me that the book was crap.

Me too. I did not agree with a lot of what Andrisani had to say. It was tough to keep an open mind to his ideas when he kept referring to Tiger's new swing as "steeper" than the older one.

Status
Not open for further replies.