Tiger's Putting

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have all said that one of the keys to Tiger's possible return to domination is to get his old consistency and magic back on the greens.

This morning watching US Open coverage of the marquee group Tiger/Phil/Bubba, I can't help but notice that Tiger is lining his feet considerably open as opposed to his putting line. I have never seen this from him before. Is it new? Do we think this is a conscious attempt to correct something in his stroke?

He was a "closed" putter/aimer. Maybe it's something he's trying to change to be more in line with his full swing. I seem to recall him saying something about trying to have the same "release" (whatever he meant by that) through the bag, maybe this is a result of that?

He was a "closed" putter/aimer. Maybe it's something he's trying to change to be more in line with his full swing. I seem to recall him saying something about trying to have the same "release" (whatever he meant by that) through the bag, maybe this is a result of that?

Whatever the reason...the more i watch it seems like his feet are at least 15 degrees open to his line. Very interesting considering his previous setup and stroke.

Status
Not open for further replies.