Time in Time Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian, Mr. Busy

I am getting emails asking what to expect and how long does it take to see
improvements when the Perfect backswing and downswing pivot are practiced?

Does it take weeks, months, years to get ones coconut finally on the correct page firing with the correct pivot.

What is expected in there change over from too much hands and arms thinking to perfect pivot thinking.

Good Questions, as time is on ones side, if they truly trust the clarity coming out, that the PIVOT is more then half the battle.

Time in has done Tiger well. Its just those fine adjustments that makes his pivot even better.

25 minute mark?

Brian Manzella said:
I usually get results at about the 25 minute mark.

Unless I'm not trying to.

Brian, 25 minute mark in one lesson of yours, hmm:confused: Okay, but how long should it take one to get it to perform well? The great and wonderless teachers of America have many in a straight jackets and have many practice doing much wrong. I have heard that 60 times a day for 21days straight to make a change. Quoted by Chuck Hogan.

Lou

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
Brian does get results about the 25 min mark.

It is the student who must do a good job of learning....at that point Brian has taught and demonstrated to the student how to make a proper backswing and the student has demonstrated that he/she can do it and hit the ball properly as well.

After the lesson it is up to the student to practice, IOW, to continue to expand on the concept taught to them, to do their homework. The student has the information and has proven that they can do it, but still requires the student to do their homework and put in the extra practice, so they still have it in situations where they may forget..i.e. competition.

If for some reason the student forgets, gets lazy, or needs some things clarified at a later date, the teacher is ready to explain the concept to the student again.

lmisner,

To answer your question I would say that Chuck Hogan's statistic is probably about the point at which the average person will have mastery (maybe too strong of a term) of that concept, provided they are practicing it correctly during such a time period. After 5 days you will probably be able to do it correctly sometimes, maybe even the majority of the time, but it may take another 10, 15, or even 55 days to really ingrain that habit. We all have different talent levels and that can highly influence your ability to ingrain a swing change quickly. Hope this helps a little bit.

Obviously you need to go way beyond the level of understanding and being able to do something in slow motion to really own that fundamental.

Matt

Time to Burn

mrodock said:
lmisner,

To answer your question I would say that Chuck Hogan's statistic is probably about the point at which the average person will have mastery (maybe too strong of a term) of that concept, provided they are practicing it correctly during such a time period. After 5 days you will probably be able to do it correctly sometimes, maybe even the majority of the time, but it may take another 10, 15, or even 55 days to really ingrain that habit. We all have different talent levels and that can highly influence your ability to ingrain a swing change quickly. Hope this helps a little bit.

Obviously you need to go way beyond the level of understanding and being able to do something in slow motion to really own that fundamental.

Matt

Thanks Matt,

Your answer's are what I was looking for. I understand one can
learn what to do and actually perform it once. But to really
get good at it, it would require some time. The pivot surely takes
time. You can look down the driving ranges and see the lack of.:eek:

Pivot is the most mistaken part of the golf swing. Train it and get good.

Lou

CORRECT and CLOSEOUT

lmisner1040 said:
Thanks Matt,

Your answer's are what I was looking for. I understand one can
learn what to do and actually perform it once. But to really
get good at it, it would require some time. The pivot surely takes
time. You can look down the driving ranges and see the lack of.:eek:

Pivot is the most mistaken part of the golf swing. Train it and get good.

Lou

Lou The Pivot does indeed take time, its so powerful when you learn it correctly. Clarity is golden and one best understand now that its the Pivot that will give relief to many errors. You can't play the Piano in one day, or one week, its takes months to years. The swing if given proper attention to Pivot, from a great grip (hold) aim and set-up, one has a great chance to become a very good striker of the ball. Take the time and do it right. If you find it solid in a week or two great. You have the clarity of how to do it. JUST DO IT means just that. By this time next year, you will not believe how good you have become. I promise you that.

Hey Brian, its your site, so I will let you guarantee it as well. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.