top reasons one can't swing left

Status
Not open for further replies.
define swinging left?

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I've been meaning to ask this question and I think it fits perfect here....

Can someone define swinging left? I mean, I think I get the idea and the purpose, but, within a swing, when do you actual want to swing left? At impact? Or from the top? Is the idea to do it from the top but just not get overly out to in?? Or yank it left thru impact?

Burner

New
What are the main reasons a golfer would be unable to swing left after impact? List?

Steering.
Reverse pivot - back swing.
Faulty (lack of) pivot - down swing.
Running out of right arm.
Poor ball positioning at address.
Improper (lack of) weight transfer on down swing.
Lack of appreciation of the need to (swing left post impact).

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I've been meaning to ask this question and I think it fits perfect here....

Can someone define swinging left? I mean, I think I get the idea and the purpose, but, within a swing, when do you actual want to swing left? At impact? Or from the top? Is the idea to do it from the top but just not get overly out to in?? Or yank it left thru impact?

Read the D-plane threads and it should be clear.

Because you ingrained in your coconut to HIT THE INSIDE QUADRANT OF THE BALL! At least that's what did it for me (I think).

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Swinging Left....

This is 260 yard tee shot by Lindsay Gahm during a lesson today.

It drew about 3 yards and nearly hit the telephone pole we she was aiming at.

THE IMPORTANT PART TO NOTE IS THIS:

If she would have hit the ball dead straight, the club would have "Swung Left" even more.

Understand the idea of "Swinging Left" now?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oz5grpsjZlI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oz5grpsjZlI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Great video, what a terrific thru impact position this young lady has. For me, the number one reason you can't swing left is being underplane or laid off somewhere in the downswing. Interestingly, you can correct a laid off backswing, ie Jeev Singh, Mark James, with a downswing move that puts the club back on plane. However it is much easier with a show the armpits backswing. Am I on the right track with this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.