torque and grip position

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlam

New
I have been practising my short game intense that I totally lost my ability to hit a descent shot from the tee.
On a swing monitor my swing speed is slower, and I have too high spin rates.
I lost my tempo and feel a ton of effort to hit the ball further.
In past when my timing was good it didn't seem to much effort.

Then I examined one key element that I was working on in the short game that may have adversely effect my long game.
My grip......
My hands were positioned more parallel to each other when I was putting.
This was to prevent twisting in the putter hand and it work very well. My putting was more accurate lately..but my long game.....well.... not good

When I used that same type of grip to my long game I lost the ability to give torque to the shaft.
My iron shots didn't feel crisp. I didnt feel like i was compressing my fairway woods.

I realized that my hands were a bit more "opposed" when I was hitting well. That is my right hand would be relatively weak while my left hand would be relatively strong. The best way I could describe what I feel would be PP1 in TGM terms.

Anyway to make this sweet and short, I felt this was the key to my long game as I can better stress the shaft and can feel the torque during the swing, there wasn't the effort to hit it hard anymore.

In the other threads regarding this matter, there was a suggestion to have a lagging clubhead takeaway to create stress/torque in the shaft. For myself, I have tried it and does work well particularly for the driver, as I drag the shaft creates a torque( for me this is sense by PP1) near the top of my swing.

Thought I would share this thought with whoever has similar experience.

Do you feel that you predominantly pull with your left arm? Also, were you starting to see your irons balloon to the right and high when things went bad?

dlam

New
Ringer

Yes and yes
Can't play without some pulling of the left arm.especially when I start warming up with my irons
When I compressing the fairwoods long and straight I end up hitting my iron shot thin and to the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.